Chapter Eleven

(A/N: The pic to ur right is Ken's mother, Morgan) :)

dedicated to Jessie_jean_13 - her books awesome!!

Ken's POV

    "Get out of my house now! I told you I'm done with you!" My mom was downstairs, screaming again. I had heard the doorbell ring but didn't bother to go downstairs.

"Please...Please Morgan," the man pleaded. The voice sounded a bit familiar.

"I said get out!" mom shouted, followed by the sound of a plate or cup shattering.

"I'm not going anywhere until I see him!" the man yelled.

"What are you doing?" mom started. She started screaming. I ran downstairs so fast I almost fell.

"Get off her!" I yelled, tackling the man.

"Hey!" he yelled. Mom was whimpering near the couch, half her hair in a  bun and the other out.

  I turned back to the man who I had pinned down and glared at him.

"K - Ken?" he choked out. My glare softened and I got off of the man.

"Derek?"

"Come on Ken, I'm your father - I deserve respect!" he said as he stood up.

"You're not my father anymore." I couldn't believe my "father" was back after all these years. He had left when I was barely nine. It's not something I like to remember...

   "Derek Hill you are two hours late, where were you?" mom scolded as dad stumbled into the house.

"Out," he simply replied and started on his way to the kitchen. I hid in the closet, peaking at the scene. As dad picked up a sandwich, mom snatched it out of his had and put it back on the plate. "Morgan what -"

"Only family members get dinner around here. I slaved over the stove for you and your child for hours, and you don't even have the decency to show up on time!"

"Morgan shut up!" dad said before slapping mom in the face. A tear streamed down my face - this was the first time I had seen dad do this. Whether or not it had been going on for a while, I didn't know.

"D - Derek!" mom choked as she rubbed her cheek. As dad came closer and closer to her, she stumbled backwards, getting closer to the wall. I knew sooner or later she would be trapped.

As dad wrapped his hand around her throat, I ran out of the closet yelling, "Stop it! Get off my mommy!" I kicked him in the foot as my mother gasped for air.

"Ow!" dad yelled as he hopped around on one foot. "Kenton I have always hated you! I hated you ever since you were born and you know what? I'm done providing for you. I hope you and your mother have a good life together. Goodbye." I wasn't scared he would leave - there had been several times when dad threatened to leave, just so mom would beg him to stay, and she fell  for it. This time, mom pushed right past him with hurt filling her eyes.

   Dad gritted his teeth as she walked away. He grinned an evil grin and slammed the door as he stormed out. I had begged my mother if we could leave right away, for I feared he would come back and try to kill her, but she wouldn't budge - she said dad had payed for the house and she didn't have enough money for a new one. Dad promised he would never come back though, and the day I turned eleven, I forced myself not to love him anymore.

"Ken, come on! I'm your dad. Haven't you missed me?" I refrained myself from crying.

"You wicked selfish man, get out of my house before I -"