Chapter Four

I sat on the edge of my bed, putting on my black heels. They were cute, simple and made me look three inches taller than I already was.

"You look beautiful darlin'," I heard someone say. I looked up to see my dad leaning against the door.

"Thanks dad," I said as I stood up and looked in the mirror. I looked pretty good-the blue dress fit my body nicely. I had straightened my brown-ish gold-ish hair and pinned the side up.

"It's nice to see you wearing something other than black," dad said walking closer.

I rolled my eyes. "Dad it's not like I'm goth or something - I just like wearing black sometimes okay?"

"I know," dad said combing his hands through my perfectly made hair. I cringed but said nothing, due to the fact that I have'nt seen my father in person for months. While I was on the subject, I had to ask my father something.

"Dad?" I asked turning to him as I set my lip gloss down.

"What's up pumpkin?"

I looked him right in the eyes and asked, "Why haven't you called me....why haven't you called me for three months?" Dad avoided eye contact and stuttered.

"Uh, uh." Just then, he was "interrupted" by Denise's shrieks. "Sorry sweety, she's having a contraption right now-coming Denise!" he called as he jogged out of my room. My eyes began to water as I sat on the bed and held my head. I heard the doorbell ring, and soon, Jay was in my room.

"Hey Nikki, what's wrong?" he asked as he sat down next to me.

"Nothing," I sniffed as I stood up. "Where's Ken?"

"Home-the flowers he got for you are running late, but he wanted me to pick you up."

"So you're car's out the shop?"

"Yup! Come on," he said as he walked towards my door. I grabbed a paper to dry my eyes and followed him. I chuckled slightly as I reached the front door. "What?" Jay asked.

"Nothing..Just..No one even came to take my picture," I said. I was surprised my mom hadn't even bothered to take a single picture or tell me I look pretty before I left - what was supposed to be my best high school memory, besides maybe prom, might turn out to be the worst.

Jay smiled and took out his camera. "Smile," he said as he held the camera out and took a picture of the two of us. I smiled back as we made our way to his car. I wasn't sure what car it was, but it was cool. It was black with purple flames painted on, and the seats were leather and grey.

"Can I see the picture?" I asked as he started the car.

"Sure," he said handing me his camera. I looked at the picture. Jay looked stunning-he had added his own style into the classy look by wearing a lavender tux. A white handkerchief stuck out from the pocket. I on the other hand, wasn't looking too hot. I don't know what it is, but I always have a problem with how I look. "What's is it now?" Jay asked. I hadn't realized I made it so obvious I was upset.

"Nothing, I just don't look too good," I replied putting the camera in my lap.

Jay turned to me. "That's a lie. You look beautiful Nikki, and Ken's lucky to be taking Cinderella herself to the formal."

"Thanks Jay," I smirked. Then, he finally started driving. When we got to Ken's house which was in like two minutes, Jay parked in front of the house when h is phone rang.

"Hello? What? Awh man...No no! It's ok! Alright, bye." I stared at him in wonder. "Hayden can't make it-she's stuck doing chores," he informed me.

I couldn't help but smirk. "Oh," I finally said. "I'm sorry."

"Eh, It's not your fault," Jay said getting out the car. "I'm going to get Ken," he said as he walked towards the house.

Jay's POV

"Hey Ken," I said as I walked in the house.

"Hey man - where's Hayden and Nikki?"

"Nikki's in the car, Hayden can't make it," I replied.

"Oh..That's tough."

"Yeah I was really looking forward to this, but I'll be fine - ready to go?"

"Uh...achoo! You know how my allergies have been acting up? When you left I passed out-I woke up to the sound of my head against the floor," Ken informed me.

"You alright?" I asked, concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine - but I really have to rest.."

"What about Nikki?" I said, peering out the window.

"You take her for me."

"Okay...Anything I can do for you before-"

"No! Just go ahead, have a good time, and take pictures." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Peace," I said as I left. "Nikki, I'm sorry - Ken has to rest-he passed out earlier," I said as I reached the car. I could see the disappointment on her face right then.

"Hey, at least you have me," I said nudging her.

"Yeah, at least I have sir' dumb nut." I rolled my eyes and smirked.

"Whatever." I put my hand in my pocket, searching for my keys. "I forgot my keys Nick, let me go get them."

"Sure."

I walked into the house quietly, as I didn't want to disturb Ken. That's why I was surprised when I walked into the living room and saw Kenton, up and running, playing video games. His eyes were fixed on the screen. I slowly grabbed my keys and backed out of the house, smiling. He's fine. Ken had allowed me to have my night so I would have to make sure Nikki's was perfect, in return. Just how was I going to do that? I'm not sure, but I'll make sure it happens.

A/N: I kno it was short, sorry. I promise next chapter will be longer! Thanks 4 reading! Comment Plz! :)

10 votes till next update