Chapter Thirteen

A/N: Dedicated to GladysVanessa - her book is amazayn!

I was sitting at the dining table in Ken's house, quietly eating forkfuls of vegetables as I feel Jay's mother's eyes burning a hole in my forehead. Jay's mother and his step dad Jack were staying in Cali. for a Short while. All they had to do was pack up and fly back to Florida.

"So..." Jack starts. I could tell during the first five minutes that I had met him that he was a silly type of guy. "Jay."

"Yes?" Jay responded.

"This your girlfriend?" Jack questioned, pointing his fork at me while he chewed on a piece of steak. I almost immediately started choking on my food.

"N - No," Jay said as Ken patted my back.

"She's mine," Ken said giving a lopsided grin as he put his arm around my shoulder. Once again, I'm sitting there blushing.

      Mrs. Miller(Jay's mother) gave me a heartfelt look and put her hand on her chest. "Hon, I think it's beautiful that you're still with Ken," she said.

"What do you mean?" I asked as Ken took his hand off my shoulder and slouched in his chair, sighing.

"I mean, with his disorder and all - you're very brave."

"Oh," I started. "Well Ken and I have been best friends for a long time, and either way, I can't live without him."

"Please, if this one had that disorder," Jack started as he pointed his thumb at his wife. "Then I'd leave her!" All of us including Ken laughed at his joke - all of us besides Jay. Jay puffed out his cheeks and got up. He slammed his chair in the table, just as I had done when my parents tried to tell me not to be with Ken, and left.

"I - I'll go," Jack said.

"No, I'll go," I said, standing up.

"You?" Mrs. Miller asked.

"Yeah. I think I can help." I pushed my chair in politely, and ran after Jay. I heard their bedroom door slam and took a deep breath as I opened the door. Jay sat on his bed, an angry look on his face. "J - Jay?" I said as I put an arm on his shoulder. No response. "Jay I know this hurts... I know how you feel."

"No you don't!" At least he said something. "Everyone always says that! Oh, I know how it feels Jay. I know how it feels when your dad dies and your mom doesn't seem to care and your new step dad tries to be your father...and when you got bullied so much as a kid that you completely changed yourself to fit in, in middle school. No, you don't know how it feels."

"Wait a minute," I said. "Now I might have both my parents but they're not together, and they don't love each other. I finally saw my dad, yeah but he has a fiance and a baby girl I didn't know about. My best friend randomly tries to kill me and -"

"And what?!" Jay yelled as he stood up and got in my face.

  I tried to hold back tears as I said this. "And the guy I once liked and thought he felt the same, turned out to be a lying backstabber!" I grabbed my purse and stormed off. Jay didn't call for me, and he didn't follow me.

"Nikki where you going?" Ken called from the dining room table. I bit my lip and stopped. No, I can't tell him. It would crush him. I slammed the front door and walked towards my house.

     That ignorant idiot! If anyone knew what pain felt like, it was me! Ugh, there I was again getting worked up over nothing. I looked down at my wrist which had several cuts on them, from when I used to be into that stuff. I just hate it when people I love are sad - I didn't want them to start cutting like I did. The first time I cut I was fourteen, and I felt like I was relieving myself. I heard the doorbell ring, five minutes after I had closed it and sat on the couch. I opened the door and saw Ken standing there.

"Hey Ken," I said. "I'm sorry I left like that." When I leaned in to give him a kiss on the cheek, he stepped back. "Ken, wh-"

"Nikki, I think we need to break up."

A/N: Thanks 4 reading,,

Whas' on yah mind? :)