Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Bad News

                Kendra stared at me as if I were crazy. I suppose, since this was a first for me, letting him come here after only a few hours of knowing him, I would be a little crazy. "You've only known him a handful of hours and he's here?" she said calmly, though her expression betrayed her. "What if he's some crazy serial killer or something? He's like three times bigger than us, and his muscles are pretty big." She paused a moment. "He could hurt you."

                Wait, now I'm the irresponsible one? This one thing and automatically I'm the bad twin? That just doesn't make any sense. "Okay, first of all he's only twice our size and is shaped like an athlete. Second, you and I are both in karate and we own guns. There's also two of us and one of him. There's strength in numbers, Kendra."

I took in a quick breath and hurried to continue before she could get a word in. "This is the first mistake I've made since I was about fourteen. I know this seems crazy, believe me I know, but I've never felt this way before. Not even with Daniel." Daniel's my ex-boyfriend of two years, we broke up about a year ago." So please, Kennie, let me see where this goes tonight." She crossed her arms, not buying it. "You can even watch the movie with us and if you still don't think it's a good idea to see him then fine. Just give him a chance. Please, for me?" I asked, giving her my best puppy dog look.

She blew out a breath through her clenched teeth. "Fine!" She threw her arms up. She never could refuse me. I am her favorite sister after all. "But," She took a step forward, "if he hurts you, don't come crying to the voice of reason. I'll laugh before I help you." She told me with a pissed off look that was softened by the tiredness in her eyes.

I squealed in delight (yes, squealed) and threw my arms around her. "Thank you! And because you're not throwing him out and I love you to death, I won't say anything mean about Nathan. Only good things about him will leave my mouth, I promise."

"Uh-huh, sure. I'll believe that when I hear it." She hugged me back, laughing a little. "Now go away and have fun and be quiet. Don't do anything I wouldn't do, yada yada. I'm going back to bed, goodnight." She nudged me out the door and quietly shut the door.

I shook my head at her. Anything you wouldn't do my ass. She's bad at pretending to act like the responsible one. "Love you!" I called through the door and heard her muffled response.

"Yeah, yeah, love you too."

I walked towards the living room where I found the modern day Egyptian god sitting on my couch, spinning a DVD in his hands. Being as quiet as I could, I snuck up behind Eric and put my hands on his shoulders.

If he was startled he hid it well. He reached up with one of his hands to hold mine. "Hey how was the talk? Does she think I'd hurt you? Should I leave?" He kissed my hand.

Could he seriously hear us from behind the closed door down the hallway? Those are some impressive ears he had. "She's just cautious, that's all." I smiled. "No, you don't have to go. I persuaded her to let you stay. I can be pretty convincing." I told him, my smile becoming a little smug, as I walked around the couch to face him.

He smiled back. And he thought my smile was nice? "Oh, I believe it."

"Good because I may use my Jedi-mind powers on you some day," I warned him with a laugh. "So beware." I waved my hands between us.

He held his hands up in surrender, his smile growing.

"Consider me warned." Then without warning, he grabbed my hips and pulled me onto his lap.

Whoa, he's strong, I thought. Not that I'm heavy, but I'm not light either. He kissed me again and I lost my train of thought. I sighed. I could seriously get used to being kissed like this... But we had to prove that we could behave.