Chapter Fifteen

"But that's impossible

"But that's impossible." Cassandra said gently putting Philip aside.

"Not entirely." Sophia sat on the ground and leaned against the wall.

"Then what happened?"

"I'm not really sure, one minute I was in the basement with this knife with wierd carvings on its wooden handle then next minute there was some kind of black out and I was walking out of the cabin."

"You just walked out? Through the front door?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't we see you leaving? If you opened the front door we definitely wouldn't have missed that."

"Well, I don't know how to explain it. Something kept pulling me into the woods. And ... I saw Shawn by the car and I kind of attacked him."

"Why would you do that?"

"That wasn't me. I was being controlled. Although I think the real me also wanted to hurt him."

"Because he was going to tell Philip about you and John?"

"Yes." Sophia looked at Cassandra skeptically. "How did you know?"

"I figured it out. So you killed him."

"Yes. But that's not really why I - I mean, it made me do it."

...

Shawn pivoted and came face-to-face with her. "Sophia? What is the meaning of this? Why are you here?"

"I warned you that I didn't forgive easily. And I am here to show you that so you know I don't just throw words about."

"Let me guess, you're here to kill me. That's... very interesting. You know, I was planning to reveal some secrets once I got my smokes."

"That's not going to happen."

"You sure about that? You might be very interested. It's not your secret with John I'm referring to but Philip's."

"What about Philip?"

He smirked. "I'm not saying anything till I get back into that cabin."

"We'll see about that." She suddenly snatched his neck with a hand, raised him up and threw him against the car in a matter of seconds.

He yelled in pain as his back connected with the hard metal and fell to the muddy floor in a heap. He grunted as he forced himself to get back on his feet but Sophia's foot on his face stopped him.

"I'm not going to ask again. What secret do you know about Philip?" He didn't answer and Sophia pressed her foot harder on his face.