Chapter Eight

Cassandra stood dumbfounded whilst a drenched Sophia breezed past her

"Sophia." John blurted but Philip beat him to it and enveloped her in a hug.

"Where have you been?" Philip asked in a worried voice. "How is it that you were outside?"

"Thats what I want to know. How did you manage to leave the cabin without me knowing?" Cassandra questioned, her voice laced with suspicion.

"I don't know. When I left the basement and came to the living room no one was around. I thought you guys had all gone out and left me so I followed." She regarded Cassandra pointedly. "Why does it seem like you're accusing me of something?"

"I don't know myself. It's just that this all sounds very suspicious to me."

"Are you guys kidding me right now?" Alexandra screamed startling them. "Shawn's dead! And that's all you can argue about?" She went on to describe what she had seen outside, in a high pitched, angry voice.

Sophia put on the saddest face she could. "I saw him out there, his body actually and I wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss."

"Sorry for my loss?" Alexandra repeated bitterly. "Sorry? For my loss?" She slowly stood up. "B****, this is all your fault!"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. This," She gestured around with both hands. "this is all your fault. If you hadn't suggested this stupid trip in the first place none of this would have happened and Shawn would still be alive."

"Shawn's death has nothing to do with me."

"Of course it does." Alexandra shot back.

"No it doesn't! It's not my fault that your drunkard and smoker of a boyfriend went out and got himself killed."

"What did you say?" Alexandra hissed before lunging at Sophia and pulling on her wet hair.

Sophia wasn't going down without a fight and also grabbed a fistfuls of Alexandra's hair. The struggle went on for a few seconds before the guys were able to pull them apart.

Alexandra eyed Sophia, then suddenly burst into a fit of laughter. The others stared at her as if she had grown another head while she threw back her one head and laughed.

"You know," Alexandra looked back at Sophia, a sneer forming on her face. "you're really are cynical. And I guess you deserve what's going to come to you next."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Alexandra glanced at Philip for a split second before turning her attention back to his girlfriend. "Remember the game we played earlier, Truth or Dare? When I asked Philip if he'd had an orgy before? I guess I forgot to ask one more question." She paused for effect. "Who exactly had he done it with?" Her eyes were locked with Philip's as she said those last words and there was tension rising in the room.