Chapter One

"I don't think we're going to get anywhere in this rain

"I don't think we're going to get anywhere in this rain." Shawn said from his place in the back seat of the black sedan car.

Philip and his girlfriend Sophia together with four of their friends were driving towards Louisiana. A three week vacation at a first class hotel had been funded by Sophia's real estate dad to allow the college sophomores to relax and have a little fun.

But three hours into the journey it had began to rain and Philip had to struggle to drive his car on the lonely road through the mini storm which showed no signs of stopping. What made it even worse was the fact that, they had no idea if they were heading in the right direction. It was all trees, greens and forest on both sides of the road, no directional signs in sight.

"What he is actually trying to say is, we're doomed!" Shawn's girlfriend, Alexandra pointed out.

"Calm down, you being hysterical won't help." Sophia said to her, while looking at her from the front passenger seat.

"I think the rain is going to get stronger." John peered out from his window. "Looks like we're going to have to make camp and continue the journey tomorrow."

"Camp?!" Alexandra exclaimed. "Where are we going to make camp? We don't even know where we are."

"Maybe if you'll just stay cool and be quiet, we'll figure something out." whispered Philip's cousin, Cassandra, who had been quiet during most of the journey, toying with her brown hair.

"First of all," Philip said. "we can't camp here because there is nothing here except trees, trees and more trees. Secondly, it's also not possible to camp here," he momentarily looked at his girlfriend. "because we don't know where we are and-"

"PHILIP!" Cassandra suddenly screamed and he snapped his head back to the road, just in time to see his headlights pick up an animal, big and furred, which had strayed unto the road.

He quickly swerved to the right to avoid hitting it but instead drove straight into the forest, tree branches and thorns scratching at the car's newly sprayed body.

They all screamed at the top of their lungs, fearing for their lives while it sped deep down into the woods. When Philip managed to see through the windshield at a small clearing in a distance, he used all the energy and might he had to slam the car brakes on, which finally stopped with a loud screeching sound.

No noise could be heard, just the building rain beating the car and their deep breathing. Then Sophia suddenly pushed open the door and jumped out into the rain, and one by one they all followed suit with Philip being the last, partly because he was afraid of checking the damage done to his car and partly because of shock.

At last he stepped out and joined the others in the rain and inspected his car. The appearance had been totally destroyed: there were dents and scratches all over the body, windows and even the tyres which had gone flat; the front bumper was gone along with a headlight and the side mirrors; it was totally ruined.

"Thank God we're all alive and fine." Cassandra breathed.

"But my car isn't."

"We just had a terrible accident and all you are thinking about is your car." Alexandra complained. "Not to talk of the fact that we're all soaked to the skin."

"Where's Sophia?" John abruptly asked.

"Wait, she was standing right next to me a few seconds ago." Cassandra said whilst looking around.

Philip had already began to search for her. "Sophia! Sophia! SOPHIA!"

The others joined in calling her name.

Then they heard a faint voice in a distance. "Guys, Philip, John, can you hear me?"

Philip responded with a loud, "Wait wherever you are, we'll be coming to get you!" before following the sound of her voice deeper into the woods.

They found her seconds later, in another clearing, drenched but otherwise fine; she was hugging herself from the cold. "Sophia." Philip sighed and run to put his leather jacket around her, drawing her into a tight hug. It was then he saw what they were standing in front of.

A/N: If you enjoy this don't forget to vote and/or comment

A/N: If you enjoy this don't forget to vote and/or comment. ⭐