2.49 Threads of Soul

Orbs of condensed energy floated lazily in the vicinity of the dark entrance of a cave. If one could see further, they would notice that although the energy was much purer inside, the particles of energy were actually much smaller. The faint lights emanated from the orbs blended with the surrounding air. In the darkness of the lightless cave, it exuded an almost eerie glow.

A figure slowly walked out of the cave. The man's eyes were sharp and his blue-attired body was straight, but one could see the faint fatigue and discomfort from the man's pallid expression.

Only after he reached a fair distance away from the mouth of the cave did he let out a relieved breath, finally able to regulate his Qi properly to ease the initially crushing pressure the cave gave him

Only after he reached a fair distance away from the mouth of the cave did he let out a relieved breath, finally able to regulate his Qi properly to ease the initially crushing pressure the cave gave him. He let out a long sigh, even if only to mentally calm down his unsteady Dantians. At least, it had gotten easier and less taxing to him than three decades ago. He used to spit blood even by stepping only twenty feet into the cave. Normally, he would not even think to set foot in it. But given the circumstances three decades ago, he would have done it all over again.

This person was none other than Shen Wei. He calmly stepped on 'Wei Feng' and sped off to the mountain peak of his residence. As the sword carried him along the different hills and residences of the sect's disciples, his heightened sense of hearing made out the hushed voices amongst the blue robed disciples, who bowed towards him as he flew past.

"Sect Leader has just come out of Bu Gui cave again, hasn't he?" One spoke as he squinted his eyes to see the revered figure clearer.

Came his friend's reply, "Hmmm... . This time, how long was he inside for? Twenty two days? No one else could even come close to the outer area of the cave without risking their Dantians being crushed to pieces. Sect Leader is really awesome!"

Another disciple sighed, "You are right. The only one that could come remotely close, is Sage Zuo."

The first person spoke again, "Hmph! What do you know? When I first entered the sect ten years ago, I was curious to know where the Sect Leader usually disappear to every two full moons. So I followed Sect Leader covertly to Bu Gui cave... ."

"Pah! If you were going to lie, at least do a good one! A mere Martial-Artist like you claiming to come close to Bu Gui cave? You would have died on the spot. Then who's in front of me now? A ghost?"

"Let me finish! Anyway, yes, I did not get even close to the hill where the cave is. Even when I was still a fair distance away, I already felt like there's a mountain-like pressure threatening to destroy my Dantians. And you would understand that would mean the death of us Martial-Artists. Even if I were to survive, I'd probably be already crippled for life. Anyway, I fainted quite successfully. But when I came to, Sage Zuo was transferring his inner energy to me, having carried me a safe distance away from the cave. There, we waited for the Sect Leader to come. You know how many days we waited for? Six! Six days!! He could spend six days inside that hellish cave, when it barely took six seconds for me to faint because I could not stand the dense energy." The youth sighed in admiration,