2.12 Forgotten Memories (1)

The initial excitement of being able to leave the sect after a decade wore off quickly, especially after the young maidens of Ping sect passed the third town en-route to the land of Yanshi.

Although the town of Shui was not considered a small town in the boonies, the townsfolk had never seen maidens as fair as the Ping sect's cultivators. Especially that day when there was not only one, but four jade-smooth looking young females. Therefore, the townsfolk could not help but stop and blatantly stare at the fairy-like young maidens who had just entered the town.

The look on the young men's clear lustful faces was only slightly masked and hindered by their knowledge that they could easily lose their lives if they were to covet these slim young girls that did not look the least bit harmful outwardly.

Cao Lu walked proud, her eyes straight and unwavering, her fingers lightly placed on top of her sword belt.

(Cao Lu)

(Cao Lu)

Although the tassel on the hilt of her sword and her waist-belt were still blue in colour – signifying her Martial-Artist status – she currently emitted an aura as sharp as that of a novice Enlightened.

Cao Lu was just a breath away from being an Enlightened. In fact, after this mission, she was sure that she would be one after a short while of closed-door meditation back in Ping sect. Her strength was one of the reasons the Ping sect's Sages had entrusted her with this mission of accompanying her juniors to obtain the crystals. As the oldest and the most advanced in cultivation, she was being extra vigilant for her younger shimeis.

YuLan, Xiao Zi, and Zhen Zhu followed closely behind – all wearing similar blue coloured waist-belts, though none of them carried swords.

(Zhen Zhu)

(Zhen Zhu)

Unfortunately, the saying is true: although one does not look for trouble, trouble does not necessarily leave one be.

Upon sensing an impending attack towards their group, the four young women swiftly jumped to four different directions. A split second later, a loud sound of impact was heard, and the centre of the road where they were just standing before formed a concaved crack.