Chapter Twelve-Bookstore and Gothic Vampires-Epilogue

Caleb grinned when he saw Amy.

"My God, girl...you've been through a nasty ordeal. I hope you didn't wear my sister's Vampire gown. I thought it was gone...".

"Gone. It was tattered".

"Yes, I am very forgetful in my advanced age. In what I can do since Sylvia died back in 1944 when she was 24, everything was a blur".

"You must've married young, Caleb".

"Yes. I did. We had to marry because if the war. Hitler was on his last legs. And I was hopeful she'd return one day".

"Return".

"Yes, she has your beauty, dear. Of course you're a teenager. But you're a reminder of what young love is".

"I want to see where my brother is".

"He is dead".

"Dead".

"Yes. The Tour is damned. A lot of kids take the tour illegally. It is a hoot for them to go into a creepy Castle and be scared out of their wits".

"No one says those terms anymore".

"No one gives a damn about the traditional gothic horror books, novels, and art anymore. Unless they seek out the true horror in their souls".

"My brother, Martin, was a Vampire lover".

"Yes, I know".

"How do you know, Caleb?", Amy asked him.

"Because, child, I am dead. Now, would you like a goblet of fresh blood? The horrible screams in the Dungeon is most undesirable when the Grandfather clock chimes Midnight". And he bared his sharp fangs...and watched Amy yell in terror.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Page 13.