The Plan: First Step

Sabaw chapter, I knowwwww! (PS: New character ahead!) Kaya chill muna tayooo 🤘🏻

— FELICIA'S —

       It's a Wednesday morning, 10:37 am. Kagigising ko lang dahil halos magdamag ata kaming nag-usap on the phone ni ate Jia. I didn't mind it kasi mamaya pa naman 'yung classes namin and I still have time to fix myself. After my morning rituals I went to Deanna's room to check if she's already awake or not, and as usual tulog na tulog pa rin siya. Napaka deep sleeper talaga nito. I shook my head and checked my other sisters' rooms, and apparently tulog pa rin si ate Bea— but when I peeked at ate Mich's room, wala siya do'n.

       That's weird, she's a morning person but why isn't she here? She often wakes up early in the morning to jog because Pops' taught us to take care of our body at a young age. Dapat daw matuto kami ng basic exercises para masanay 'yung muscles namin. I think that's one of the perks of having a Phenom of a mother. Even si Mommy, lagi niya kaming sinasabihan tungkol sa pag-alaga ng katawan namin dahil "prevention is better than a cure" daw.

       Anyways, I jogged down the stairs only to find ate Mich passed out on the living room couch. Wow, ah. Tamang tulog lang si ate niyo, oh. I thought. She's passed out wearing her jogging attire with a thin of layer sweat on her skin. I sighed as I fixed her laying position, baka mabali 'yung spinal cord nito sa pwesto niya. I glanced at the coffee table and saw her laptop opened, there was a bunch of phone number's and addresses typed in it. I was curious as a cat, but I'm shrugging it off for now.

       11:00 am, the clock read. I turned around and went straight to the kitchen, and I immediately saw Manang cooking our brunch. I greeted her good morning and helped her in preparing food on the table. After we were done, umakyat ako sa taas para gisingin ang mga batugan 'kong mga kapatid. Hinuli ko na si ate Mich dahil mukang wala pa siyang tulog tapos nag-jogging pa. She really got her stubborn side from both our mothers. Luckily, all three of them woke up as soon as I threatened them, I am such a lovable baby sister. Hahaha.

       Speaking of mothers, si Pops maaga daw umalis while si Mommy hindi pa daw umuuwi, according to Manang. Hindi na ata matatapos 'tong away nila. At this point I don't know how to hide my anxiety in terms of what's happening to this family, and I'm trying my best not to express it when they're here, but I feel that Deanna knows it. Deanna will forever know what I feel. She's my rock and my other half.

       During our brunch my sisters keeps on eyeing me and I can tell that they want to tell me something, and it's honestly bothering me.

        I rolled my eyes in irritation, "what is it? Sabihin niyo na."

"Ha?" that was Deanna being so clueless as ever.

Ate Bea looked at me as if I grew another pair of eyes while ate Mich stayed quiet. I rolled my eyes again. I hate it when they treat me as if I'm stupid and can't handle things on my own. Alam 'kong bunso ako pero I'm still a part of this family.

I groaned, "I hate it when you hide things from me," I frustratingly slumped into my chair.

"Bea, stop staring," ate Mich warned as she continues to eat her eggs and bacon. "Lalo siyang magkaka-idea na may tinatago tayo.." she added casually.

It was now time for ate Bea's eye roll, "what a great way to tell her." she said sarcastically then drinking her orange juice after.