Chapter 15 - Amongst the Shadows

"I will give you one chance to apologise for your vulgar behaviour!" Yelled alpha dickhead, as he got out of his car.

"And I'll give you one for referring to me as an object that can be possessed," I informed him calmly. I could see Stone with a worried but proud expression in the corner of my eye.

"Look dad she didn't know any be-" started Stone before I cut him off.

"Oh trust me Stone I know exactly what I am doing and I can't wait until your so called father gets what he deserves. And let me tell you that will be very soon." I simply stated already imagining all the horrible things that could happen to him because of his disrespect.

"That sounds like a threat little girl. And trust, you do not want to threaten me," Stone's father said slowly, attempting to put me down. Bad luck big boy.

"Oh I certainly do want to threaten you. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing your inflated head on a stick or, even better, on a belt around my waist," I replied getting closer to him.

"Now you've done it!" Exclaimed Alpha Wildton aka Charles Wildton aka my mate's father aka Alpha dickhead.

He raised his hand and just as I was about to block his hit, another tanned arm stopped him in midair. "That's enough dad. Didn't we have business to attend to?" Demanded Stone with a stern face.

His dad reluctantly nodded his head before relaxing, by only a smidge. He went back over to his car and slammed the door shut. But not before muttering about how much of a bitch I am. I am a bitch. Oh well?

"I'm sorry about that," Stone apologised taking hold of my hand. "I know he has a bad temper but I didn't try to stop him. I'm sorry, for not intervening earlier and for my father's actions. He's never been this bad. Ok that's a lie. But not with some one huma- a girl I mean." Meaning to say human before remembering that's 'what I am'.

"It's ok. I would have beat his ass anyway. I've already kicked yours, after all." I whispered, feeling the shocks of his warm hand pulse through my body. They were like sparks of happiness constantly running through me. I hate knowing that I could become putty in his hands so easily.

"Stone!" yelled his father from inside his car, revving the engine.

"I guess I should go to him." Stone stated reluctantly.

I nodded my head in agreement before muttering softly, "Maybe we can do a do-over." Stone's face went from half a smile to as if he had won the lottery. He nodded his head enthusiastically, like a bobby head toy in a truck and the truck was going over a really rocky road.

Stone yelled a quick "Bye," before getting in his father's car. Who, might I add, very rudely started driving away full speed before Stone had even closed the passenger door. I saw them turn in the opposite direction to that of his house. The direction I had run earlier. Where I had killed the rouges. Oh fuck!

I quickly jumped into my sweet baby (my car-duh!) and began driving in the same direction that Stone and his father had disappeared in. I made sure to keep a safe distance behind them and hide my scent. As I was driving it hit me full force what I had just done. I had agreed to meet Stone again. Hell, I requested for us to do it again. What the fuck is wrong with me? I'm meant to be staying away from him but for some reason I just can't. I don't know if it's fate, or because he's the moon goddess' choice for me, but whatever it is I refuse for it to dictate my life.

But maybe fate just needs to give you a push. He's our mate. He'll make us happy! Yipped Lexi.

Fate has taken my parents, my normal life, everything. I will not allow fate to choose another thing in my life. If Stone wants me, he is gonna have to work...hard. And I will choose him all by myself.