Chapter 2 - The Children

Chapter 2- The Children

Lee quickly dropped the kid and ran but I wasn't going to let him get away. I raised both hands and a circle of fire surrounded us. The flames seemed to like the sky because of their height. I glared at the muscled guy but he wouldn't let go of the 2 kids he had.

I raised my hand and chanted "For when worse comes to worse, the waters of the sea, and the stars of the sky, will see your pain and they will help" As soon as I finished the guy dropped the kids and fell to the floor screaming.

I saw Lee look at me as if I had 5 heads. He knew I was powerful but he had never seen this.

Water came rushing in from every corner. It swallowed the fires, Lee and the guy who was still screaming in agony. I watched as the water gracefully pushed itself towards the sky, taking the remaining rogues with it. The water swirled around the stars before it disappeared.

I dropped to the ground breathing heavily. A spell that strong took a lot of strength. I quickly crawled over to a tree and slowly placed my hand against it gathering energy from the Earth. A few seconds later I felt better and carefully stood up.

I walked over to the children. The whimpered and backed away from me. "Hey, hey it's ok." I whispered. I quickly used my fairy skills to comfort their wolves so they knew I wasn't a threat. After about a minute they relaxed. Only now did I get a good look at the children.

One had blonde hair, blue eyes and was extremely tanned. The other was also tanned and had blonde hair but had green eyes instead. The third child was a girl. She had black hair and blue eyes, but was quite pale. "I'm Malice. What are your names?" I asked tenderly. They must be traumatized at the moment so I will use what I learnt in training when talking to young pups such as these.

"I-I-I'm L-L-Lu-Luke," stuttered the blonde haired and blue eyed boy. He look so scared, it was actually quite funny.

"I-I'm Je-ss-Jesse," whispered the other boy. He didn't stutter nearly as much.

"I'm Carla," stated the girl. I proud of her for not stuttering, but I found it suspicious.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you. Now may I ask how old are you?" I asked. They all looked shocked that I was speaking to them so nicely.

It's probably because you just killed a bunch of rogues and then summoned fire and water and then shot it into the sky! You know you didn't have to call Raven. I could've handled it.

My wolf reminded. Let me explain. Because I am the only one of my kind all of my creatures can speak to me. Normally only werewolves could communicate with their wolves but I can also communicate with my vampire, fairy and witch. My wolf's name is Lexi, Raven is my witch, Kurta is the name of my vampire and my fairy's name is Silence.

"Jesse and I are 8 and Luke is 7." Carla exclaimed looking weirdly at me. I as starting lose my patience with this girl. First I save her life and now she is looking at me like she can kill me.

"What are you looking at?" I sweetly asked, speaking through my teeth. She cocked her head to the side.

"How someone so ugly, could be so powerful," she commented and that's when I knew I was about to lose my patience. I had enough control not to hurt the children but the same could not be said about the trees around me.  

I could feel my fairy taking over as it was her that hated being called ugly. I felt my wings grow and my normal clothes tear and form a strapless, ripped at the bottom, dark blue dress. With the top half covered in silver gems. I knew that my eyes were purple just like they were in any form but human where my eyes were blue.