11) The Feared - Safest Mode

This was the time. The odds had to be pronounced. "One man against thirty two men out of forty eight passengers does not stand out a chance," the Indian sage invigorated the mass. As people on both rows started rising up, the singled out man held the baby tight by his chest and raised his threat further, "I can break his neck. << Pas mat ana >>". The tumult brought the baby out of nap to cry while the mother cowered to begging.

I glanced at the fluorescent lines and checked the floater's position through the window. Some people were already standing for the show, thereby forming a blind spot. I drew out my gun straight out of holster and by a line of sight, aimed, locked, fired at the low end of my target to avoid hitting the prize. As soon as the mild nonlethal electric taser pierced Hamid's lower abdomen, sending him to convulsion, I flung myself towards him to catch the baby but failed as it flew out of his hands. The standing passengers served as a confirmed net to catch the baby safely and returned to the right owner.

The mass turned at me and my gun, giving the most suspicious look ever. I had to come to forefront to declare myself, "Statistically stating, floaters are still one of the safest mode of travel. As for its confirmation, get this from me, the Security Architect Lead at Ziemens Ltd., the designer himself of Luftschtuz AI security because alike the old touchscreen mobile phone function, the floater proximity sensor always alerts you of nearby approaching sky icebergs. Clubbed with auto manoeuvres by Luftschutz, you are on safe hands," I reassured the confused group, "Oh, nonlethal like taser guns for long distance, along with pepper spray for close contact, have been made permissible because it does not compromise the floater integrity."

I landed on the expected Hamburg international skyrail station. My colleague was waiting for me eagerly, especially after the spread of news of skyjack. We drove intercity by private capsule to the fortress city, Berlin which, I gathered, was infused with posters wording "Hail, Heidler." My symptoms of dementia emerged again.

=======
Add star if you like,
comment what you don't.
Thank you.
🙈 🙉 🙊