10) The Feared - Inanimate Ghost

Failure raises desperation, sending one out of his wit to a domain where the most fundamental rules can be disobeyed. I was prescribed to stay calm in the worst of those scenarios.

Turning more vigorous, Hamid held up my collar and demanded an answer, "Where is Luftsuz ? Call him out," waving the pistol randomly towards all passengers.

"Luftschutz, show yourself," I buzzed the required words.

A beam fell down at the end of columns in centre, displaying an image of a stout man suited up in uniform. "Hello, I am Luftschutz, the artificial intelligence assigned with a responsibility of safety of the onboard passengers and protection of the floater, in addition to other non-primary functionalities."

Befuddled by sudden visual and auditory impressions, Hamid raised his pistol, pointing straight towards the persona of Luftschutz, "What is this ?"

"I estimate, through natural language processing of the queries that has been raised, typically sampled for the higher amplitude of voices, within the past few minutes, that by the relative pronoun 'this' used in your question, you are referring to the recent change in the float status," Luftschutz replied. The two horizontal fluorescent lines on two sides were switched on again and flickering for stability, while the AI persona continued, "Assuming the correctness of my interpretation of your query, this is to answer you that, on verging the collision of this floater with the confronted man-made ground structures, the proximity sensors run by AVU, the Automatic Vigilance Unit sent an alarm of order-5 to my sleeping cell. It issued a Decisive to take control of the floater, followed by an Imperative, to disable any manual reset further, until the nearest landing station is safely procured."

"What was that ?" says dumbfounded Hamid as the vocal charm ended at completion of the AI reply.

"By the relative pronoun 'that', I estimate, that you mean ...," Luftschutz was interrupted swiftly by Hamid and Abdul in chorus, "Stop !" and it momentarily stopped.

Two lean laser beams projected out of the left and right wall fluorescence, at an angle, so as to converge precisely at the pistols raised by Hamid and Abdul. The generated heat loosened their grip and the pistols slipped out of their hands onto the floor.

"I was stalking the talk only to fixate your fingers for my target. Witty, isn't it ?" Luftschutz, I realize, returned to humane mood of speech while its image did a jig, hoping to have disabled the skyjackers permanently.

Abdul quickly tried to pick up the weapons but in vain, as the pistols seemed enormously heavy ! Retrying with his left hand, his wrist watch got adhered to the floor ! The floor was divided into grids and the grid holding the pistols have been magnetized by Luftschutz.

Finding all attempts spoiled by an unknown inanimate ghost, Hamid ran to the frontmost seat and snatched the sleeping baby from its mother's lap, then started threatening to Luftschutz. Every passenger were in shock, staring at Hamid's desperation.

=======
Add star if you like,
comment what you don't.
Thank you.
🙈 🙉 🙊