Chapter 11: My Dad

That whole day, Keith was in a bad mood. Becky came the next day but she couldn't even cheer him up. This was awkward. I was getting ready for the weekend in which I was about to leave. School was about to end soon but it was April and that would come by quick as I knew.

I was standing out of my old house, Becky stood beside me, staring at it. The memories of living in this house were all bad. I dread seeing it. I was happy I was never gonna see it again, but I was sad and scared I was gonna end up with mom's sister, which I don't think will be good either.

  That time, I still don't think of the significance BS I had to do. I partly gave up on doing it.

  "So, you were born here, lived in this place for twelve years?" Becky asks, still staring at the house.

  "Yep, I don't how I managed to survive in there. All the hell and beatings. I always walk in there, or even see it, it gives me chills or really frightens the heck out of me." I said

  "Hey, even if you are living far away from me, Keith, Faith, just remember, the door will always be open for you, okay?"

  "Thank you," I mumbled.

  "About that surprise..." she was bringing a box the whole time. She handed me the box and beckons me to open it.

  I open it and I get a hoodie, a blue hoodie with a small triceratops symbol on the side, the Try Guys sign.

  I let out a smile and close the box. I thank her and she shook her head.

  "No, thank you, Ally. For looking out for Keith. For telling him there is significance in what he did. There's a small letter under the hoodie. Read it when you leave Eagle Rock. It's from everyone, Eugene, Ned, Zach, Ariel, me and even Faith." She smiled, it was nice.

__________

  I met up with Lynn to say goodbye. It was rude of me not to, after all we were best friends, not anymore though.

  We met up at the arcade. She arrived a little later. I put my hands in my pockets, blankly looking at her. She looked like she was crying, her eyes were puffy as hell.

  She high fives me and hugs me. I forgave her, it's okay. But, I wasn't gonna be her best friend anymore. After all I did and she did me like that. I'd never forgive anyone who would do that. Even if we know each other in personal terms.

  "Ally, I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was thinking."She wailed.

  "Okay, okay." I quickly hug her and she let's go of me, "Lynn, I gotta tell you something."

  "What?" She asked

  'I know we've been friends for all I remember but, that wasn't cool of doing that just to have people go all over you. Best friends don't do that.' I explained the nicest way possible.

  "So, we aren't-

  "It was nice knowing you, Lynn Gonzalez. Goodbye, I'll come back to visit you guys." I walked away and I never saw her face ever again. I didn't regret my choice to not be best friends but I forgave her and that's what counts. I didn't leave Lynn with hate, but with the thing she chose, more friends. She needs it.

  I went to the school to tell my leave to the teachers. My teachers knew I was leaving because local newspapers were talking about me once again. I went to Mr. Rallison's classroom and he was drawing on his tablet once again.