One in a million

"- It's important that we have crocodiles for the future generations to come because without them the whole ecosystem in Australia would be ruined," she heard a deep, raspy voice say into a microphone. It had to be Robert!

Rosa walked her way up to the best seat in the big - almost arena like, stadium. There below her, he stood in all his glory. Robert Irwin. He was inside with the crocodiles behind the big gates separating him from the excited crowd. Robert didn't look scared - no, he looked calm and concentrated. He had a big piece of meat in his hand, and he quickly threw it on the ground, trying to make the crocodile jump up and eat it. The crocodile lured in the water for a while before it aggressively crawled up, and slammed the meat between its huge jaws. Everyone gasped, and presided to clap. Rosa was amazed.

"This saltwater croc's name is Monty, and he's one of our eldest crocs we have here in Australia zoo. He was captured back in 1975, and is around 11.8 feet and weighs 880 pounds, so he's a big bloke!" Robert enthusiastically spoke, and Rosa was fascinated by his professionalism, even though he was just 15 years old like her.

"That female croc over there is Monty's girl, Bindi. He's very protective of her because, surprisingly to many people, crocodiles are very passionate lovers! -" Robert continued to speak, and Rosa kind of zoned out. Gosh, he was one dreamy boy.

She intensely looked at him, while he gazed over the crowd, while speaking. Suddenly, she felt her herself blush. Like someone was looking at her. Rosa came to her senses again, and came to realize that Robert Irwin without a doubt was looking right at her. Everyone around her were suddenly quiet. Almost too quiet? She realized that Robert had completely stopped speaking, when he had seen her, and now the whole crowd was looking in her direction, trying to find out, what had ended his speech so abruptly. It was Rosa.

After 10 seconds of an intense stare contest, Robert shook himself, smiled, and continued to talk like nothing had ever happened. Although his cheeks were a blushed red and Rosa's were too.

When Robert was done with his crocodile presentation, and the seats beside her were emptying out because people were leaving, an instinct told her to go down behind the grids where Robert was standing on the other side, cleaning up, for the next presentation.

She stood behind the big metal wire, looking at him only a few feet away. Robert felt someone's eye gaze, and looked up. There she stood. The outstanding girl, he had seen in the crowd. She was one in a million. It was like a hard burst of air in his face, or a kick to the stomach, when he first saw her, making him forget time and place. But now they stood there. In front of each other. Waiting for the other one to speak.