The kind taxi driver

Rosa had cried during the whole 7 hour car ride to Queensland. She was officially broke. What had she been thinking? That Robert Irwin would find her, take her into his arms, and they would live happily ever after? Yes. She had thought that. But what if he wouldn't notice her any time soon?

And crikey!

She was too short on cash to afford a ticket to Australia zoo, now that she officially was 15 and not a child ticket anymore. DAMMIT!

Her taxi driver had been giving her weird looks the whole long ride to Queensland, while Rosa had cried, sobbed, and screamed of pity for herself.

"What is someone as young as you crying about this fine morning?" the man asked with a concerned tone in his voice. Rosa looked up. He looked very kind, and Rosa decided that he was worthy enough of an answer. "I've made the long travel here to Australia to come to Australia zoo, but I don't even have enough money for a ticket now!" Rosa shouted in agony.

The taxi driver lifted his eyebrows, looking back at her. Why did he look so surprised? "I actually work at Australia zoo!" the man said in excitement. "What?" Rosa asked. Was he lying to her? "But you're a taxi driver?"

"Yes I am, but I also work at Australia zoo. Been for decades! Working with snakes, crocs, reptiles - the list goes on and on!" he passionately spoke. "The name's Wes," he then said, taking his hand out to shake Rosa's hand, while controlling the steering wheel as well.

"Wow, that's amazing, Wes!" Rosa excitedly said. How crazy that the first person she meets in Australia actually works at the zoo!

"You know, I could, perhaps, get you a free pass now that you've travelled so long to see the zoo," Wes then said. Rosa gasped. She couldn't believe it! "I would love to!" Rosa almost screamed in pure excitement.

Wes drove Rosa all the way to Australia zoo, and went in with her because he was going to work anyway. He and Rosa shook hands again, and then Rosa was free in the giant zoo to do WHATEVER she liked. She could go to Bindi's island, Africa, Croc Hunter Museum etc. etc... But Rosa knew, where she wanted to go first. On a map of the schedule of the day, Wes had given her, there stood: 12 pm = Robert Irwin feeds the crocs at Crocoseum.

Rosa headed straight to the Crocoseum faster than the speed of light.