Chapter Four

I don't own the characters!

Jobs, of course, jobs. Luckily Percy found a good job pretty quickly, so now she found herself working at an aquarium. She took care of the animals, nothing big. Feeding them, cleaning the aquariums.

On Monday morning Percy was awoken by her alarm. She groaned, it was just a reflex. She turned the alarm of and got out of bed. She pulled on some clothes and ate breakfast. Today school was starting, and Percy was not really looking forward to it. She finished her breakfast and left for the bathroom. She ran a brush through her hair and brushed her teeth (with a toothbrush, not the hairbrush).

Percy pulled on a light jacket, a pair of shoes and her backpack before heading out of her apartment, making sure to lock it after her. She walked out of the apartment building and into the warm summer air. As the University wasn't too far away from where she lived she walked. She walked quickly, better early than late.

The wind blew her hair forward, and it just happened to get all over her eyes.

"Ugh," she groaned and quickly pulled her hair into a ponytail. "There."

She continued to walk, now significantly less disturbed by her hair.

When she arrived at the school she saw one girl there, on the school grounds that was. Was she late? Or just too early?

The girl had short light brown hair which was parted to the side (side parting) (if that makes any sense). She wore a light jacket and a pair of jeans. Percy walked up to her and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned towards Percy. She had a heart shaped face (once again, if that makes any sense) freckles painted the area around her nose and her blue eyes had a little of brown in them, and if you looked closely in her eyes you could see that one of her pupils was slightly bigger than the other. (Yes, she is based off my best friends agirlwithalife27 )

"Excuse me, I'm new here, so..." Percy asked.

The girl smiled. "Oh, I'm Hanna, Hanna Kruse."

"I'm Percy Jackson," Percy said. "How come we're the only ones here?"

"Uh, I think we're early?" Hanna said, "which is kinda weird, cause I'm always not-early."

"Me too," Percy said. "Uh, should we go in there?"

"Sure," Hanna smiled. "Come on."

(Keep in mind that I know nothing of university or college)

They walked onto the campus, the clouds hiding the sun just as they always did.

"So, what are you planning to major in?" I asked Hanna.

"Acting," she responded. "How about you?"

"Marine Biology," I answer.

"Like biology but underwater?" Hanna asked.

"Yeah, exactly that," I answer. "What about extracurricular activities?"

"Drama, you know theater stuff, and art," Hanna answered. "You?"

"Swimming and martial arts," Percy said. Camp taught you a lot of sword fighting and covered some basics in martial arts, but never truly went into depth with it.

"Cool," Hanna said.

Percy laughed lightly and they walked into the big building. Today was just an explore the campus type of day, the learning would begin tomorrow.

-

The day ended with Hanna inviting Percy over to her apartment, which Percy gladly accepted. Hanna also lived relatively close to the university, so they were able to walk.

"So, what high school did you go to?" Hanna asked.

"Goode High," Percy answered. "You?"

"Blüdhaven High School," Hanna answered. "Where is Goode High? I haven't heard of it before?"

"Oh, New York," Percy answered.

"You're from New York?" Hanna asked.

"Yeah," Percy answered.

"Cool, I've lived in Blüdhaven my entire life," Hanna said. "Except for two to three years when I lived in Singapore, it was a job thing. I was, um, maybe in first grade."

"Singapore?" Percy asked. "That is really cool."

Hanna blushed lightly. "Thanks."

Hanna grabbed her keys from her pocket and they walked into an apartment building. They climbed up the stairs and when they arrived at a wooden door, Hanna unlocked it.

"Welcome," Hanna said and let Percy walk into the apartment. She locked to door after them. Percy took off her shoes and so did Hanna.

"So, what do you want to do?" Hanna asked.

"Um, I don't know," Percy said. "What do you want to do?"

Hanna laughed. "I don't know either, that's why I asked you."

Percy smiled and looked around the room. "How about... a board game?"

-

By the time that Percy left Hanna's apartment it was dark outside. Sadly, the starts weren't visible due to all the clouds that covered the night sky. The moon shone harshly and it was cold. Percy walked down a dark alley, she knew it was a bad idea, but it was the fastest way home.

As she walked down the long alley she felt eyes staring at her. She looked behind her shoulder, and saw a part of the shadows was darker. Percy took a deep breath and quickened her pace, of course this was happening. She heard the footsteps behind her quicken as well. Then she felt something cold touching the back of her head. Her breathing hitched in her throat and she stopped.

"Give me your money!" A deep voice growled.

Of course this had to happen, Percy thought. Percy decided to be smart for once and slowly reached for the wallet in her pocket. As soon as she'd tacked it out of her pocket the mugger grabbed it, but he still kept the cool (as in cold) object against her head. She wasn't stupid, she knew it was a gun. Then she heard a soft thump sound. The sound of someone landing. She felt how the gun was taken off her head, and pointed elsewhere. Percy took the opportunity and ran. She didn't run far, just to the closest wall. The scene in front of her, to put it lightly, surprised her. The man who had held her at gun point (that's what it's called, right?) was shaking, probably with fear and in front of him stood a tall, black haired guy wearing a spandex suit, the type that vigilantes and superheroes wore. There was a blue bird emblem on his chest and he wore a black domino mask. Of course she knew who this was, she had heard a lot about him. Nightwing.

Nightwing moved with grace as he attacked the mugger. Apparently she wasn't too focused on the fight because she suddenly heard a gun go off and only a second later giants amount of pain flared in right ankle.

She involuntarily let out a scream, she had been caught by surprise other wise she would've held it in. She saw Nightwing handcuff the mugger to a pole and rush over to her. Percy stated at the pool of blood surrounding her right foot. She tried to calm her breathing, to keep it even.

Nightwing pulled something out of his utility belt, and pressed it against her ankle, applying pressure to it. "Hey, focus on me."

Percy weakly nodded. What was happening? She was never this... this... weak!

"What's your name?" Nightwing asked.

Percy smiled weakly. "Wouldn't you like to know."

Nightwing chuckled.

"It's Percy," she then added.

"Okay, Percy. I'm gonna have to take you to the hospital, okay?" Nightwing said.

"Okay," Percy answered and internally groaned. She hated hospital.

Nightwing picked her up and took her to the nearest hospital, running. The last thing Percy saw before passing out was the big doors of the hospital.