Chapter Three

I don't own the characters!

She slung her bag over her shoulder and walked off the train along with some others. As soon as she stepped off the train she felt a strong smell hit her nose. A smell of dirt, sewage, alcohol and many other things. She scrunched her nose in disgust but kept going. Why had she moved here again? One, a school had accepted her and two, Annabeth wasn't here to stop her from making these bad decisions.

She walked past the noises, smells and other things that bothered her. The sun shone down, but, of course, the clouds had to cover its rays. She walked quickly, and fiddled with the keys in her hands. Her eyes searched for the right apartment. There? No. How about here? No. What about here? Yes, there it was. She walked into the apartment building and walked up a few flights of stairs and walked down a hallway. She stopped by her apartment and unlocked the door. She stepped inside and locked the door after her. She had every right to be paranoid, this was Blüdhaven after all. What would she have thought?

Percy felt her eyes burn with tears. She blinked and a stray tear ran down her cheek, quickly accompanied by more. No, bad Percy. Don't think about them....

She desperately tried to get her mind off of them, but it seemed impossible. Before she knew it she was a mess. Sobs racked her body and escaped her mouth. Tears streamed down her cheeks like a waterfall. Percy wiped the tears off her face with her sleeve. She let her bag slip of her shoulder and fall to the floor. Percy felt the numb feeling return as she sunk to the floor. Landing on her knees she felt completely vulnerable. She closed her eyes and tried to calm down. Then she slowly opened them and found everything was like when she closed them, obviously.

Percy tried to get up, but she only fell to the floor again. What? She crawled to the closet wall and leaned on it. What's happening? Why couldn't I stand?

She started to tap her finger against the wooden floor. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

Percy took a deep breath and tried to stand again, and unlike last time, she could. She walked to her bag and put it in her bedroom.

"Time to buy some furniture," she mumbled to herself.

-

When she got back to the apartment, she came with some simple furniture. The bed went in her bedroom, the table went it the kitchen. She also bought some kitchen supplies, like eating utensils, cooking pans, plates and more. She put everything in separate cupboards. She walked to the bedroom with her newly purchased sheets.

She made her bed, and flopped onto it. She stuffed her face in her pillow and felt her eye lids grow heavier by the second. She closed her eyes and feel asleep, and, boy, did it feel good.

For an hour or more sleep was blissful, but then the nightmares came. She relieved her worst memories. Their deaths. She was woken up by her own scream. She was covered in sweat as always. She got up and quickly washed her body in the shower. The water relaxed her body, healed it. She looked down at the scars that littered her body, something she did quite often. There were so many, too many to remember how she got them.

The white lines reminded her of who she was- no, who she'd been. That was the past, this was a new start. Percy tore her eyes from her torso and covered herself with a towel.

She changed into a clean pair of clothes, a hoodie and a pair of jeans. A simple outfit,  not that Percy cared about that stuff.

School started in a few weeks, which meant Percy had a lot of time to kill, that and a new city to explore. Percy smiled slightly and she sat down on her bed. She pulled out her laptop and searched for a job. She needed money so she could pay for rent, food and more. Not that she didn't have any money right now- no, she had plenty.

Percy finally found a job that actually seemed interesting. Working at an aquarium. Why not? As long the marine animals didn't act to weird around her...

Percy felt her stomach growl in hunger. Percy looked down at her watch and realized it was time for lunch. She got off her bed and walked into the kitchen. She grabbed a pack of cup noodles from her bag and boiled some water. Then she used her powers to move the water to the cup, this way she wouldn't be burned, which was always a plus.

She stirred the noddles and waited as long as the package told her to. Then she grabbed a fork and ate the noddles. At first they were hot, but they cooled down over time. When she was finished with her noodles she tossed the empty package in the trash can and pulled out her phone.