Chapter Six

I don't own the characters

Percy woke up with a yawn and groan. Like usual. She stretched her limbs and walked over to her wardrobe, grabbing a causal outfit. She walked out into the kitchen and made herself some breakfast. While chewing on her sandwich she looked over at the kitchen counter, wondering if Nightwing had seen her response.

Well, bullet wounds do tend to hurt. Hope you get better soon.
- Nightwing

Percy felt heat heart flutter as she read the note. A warm feeling spread through her body. Percy smiled and got a piece of paper, writing a reply.

I do too. I've never dealt with a bullet wound before, but then again. Most haven't.
- Percy

Percy finished her breakfast and got ready for school. It was already Thursday. She left her apartment and met up with Hanna at the school.

"Hey!" Hanna smiled.

"Hi."

-

Percy sighed as she sunk into her couch. School had been boring and horrible as always. For a while she just sat there, doing literally nothing. A loud growl came from her stomach. Percy ignored it but another followed. And a bit later yet another one.

Percy got out of the couch and walked to her kitchen.

"What to eat, what to eat?" Percy muttered under her breath. She grabbed a pop tart and just ate it there, not bothering to put it in the toaster. She held a hand under the pop tart to prevent crumbs from falling on the floor. Vacuum cleaners hated her and she'd gladly avoid them for as long as she could.

She finished her pop tart and was about to go back to the couch or her room, specially her bed, when she remembered the note. She slowly walked over to the kitchen counter and saw that Nightwing had indeed responded.

No, most haven't. Don't worry, it'll heal, I speak from experience. It'll heal, but it's annoying.

- Nightwing

Percy smiled and quickly grabbed a piece of paper. She stood there and pondered for a moment at first, not knowing what to write.

I don't doubt it. It is a bullet after all, they're supposed to hurt and kill, so the healing process will obviously be annoying.

- Percy

When she was satisfied with her note she walked to her room and started working on her school work, for once not procrastinating. Annabeth would always tell her not to procrastinate. If only she could see me now, Percy thought sadly. She probably wouldn't care for the fact I didn't procrastinate, she'd just tell me what I mess I am.

Percy smiled sadly as she continued to write on the computer in front of her, the dyslexia option on. Honestly, the dyslexia option and font made everything so much easier. She didn't know how, she didn't care either. All she knew was that she was grateful for it, very grateful. She ignored the notification that came from her phone with a pling.

Percy ran a hand through her long black hair as she struggled with her homework. The dyslexia font made it easier, but that didn't mean it was easy.

After several hours she made a really stupid decision. She decided to take a quick walk. She grabbed a light jacket, and put on her shoes walking outside, locking the door after her. As soon as she stepped outside the stein smell that she's come to associate Blüdhaven with hit her nostrils. She scrunched her nose in disgust and considered to just walk back inside, but in the end she decided not to.

She walked down the dimly lit street. It was quiet, very quiet. No cars were speeding down the road, all doors were shut and the only source of light was the weak light that came from the street lights and the light that came from the windows. Percy sighed. She really missed New York, and camp. She didn't just miss her friends, but just how life was. Her routine, except for maybe monsters coming after her on a daily basis.

Life can be amazing, Percy knew that. But right now it was not. The weak light flickered, like something out of a horror movie. Percy rolled her eyes, like the Fates hadn't already made her life a horror movie. No, they'd made it worse than any horror movie she'd ever heard of or seen. She continued to walk down the side walk and noticed how a figure leapt over the roof tops. The figure, who she realized was Nightwing, seemed to free. Maybe that was his way of freeing himself, just like water freed her.

She smiled weakly and continued to walk down the side walk. For the first time in a long time she really thought about superheroes. She'd never been a big super-hero fan. Sure, she'd read a few comic books, but that was a long time ago. It must be really cool, though. To flip over rooftops and save others.

An idea made its way to Percy's brain and she quickly walked home, a smirk on her face. She raced over to her kitchen counter where her note to Nightwing still lay. She grabbed a pen and added to the note.

P.S Could you help me with something? Could you help me become a vigilante / superhero like you? I'm a trained, don't worry.

Percy put down the note, sure it wasn't the best note, but it would do. She smiled to herself and excitement flooded her body. She ran to her room, turned on her computer and jumped onto her bed.