chapter 10

Cinderella and Cherry were asleep in their new beds. Cherry was having a killer dream and kept tossing and turning with enjoyment. She loved to not be woken up with her name being yelled by wicked and nasty step-family members. There was then a knock at the door which annoyed Cherry since she wanted to have slept at least an hour longer. She then groaned and sat up in her new bed in the palace. "Yes?" she asked as she saw Prudence in with a couple of young adult woman. One wore pink and the other wore blue.

"Good morning, Miss L-" Prudence was about to say Cherry's birth name.

Cherry covered her mouth and shook her head. "Cherry, please."

Prudence gently put her hand down and cleared her throat. "Cherry, these are Cinderella's ladies in waiting," Prudence showed the two women with her. "Beatrice and Daphne."

"My name is Beatrice." the woman in pink said.

"And my name is Daphne." the woman in blue said.

"Um, hi," Cherry greeted, still in her pajamas. "What time is it?"

"8:00, Miss Cherry," Prudence replied. "It is time for you and Princess Cinderella to be awake and get ready for the proper princess lesson."

"Princess?" Cherry stepped back. "But, I thought I was her lady in waiting!"

"Nonsense, that's why we have Beatrice and Daphne," Prudence smirked. "Now, you can wear your pajamas for now since it's your first day, but we must awaken the princess immediately!"

"Can't I sleep until noon or something?" Cherry followed, feeling weary.

Prudence didn't answer her. She either didn't hear her or just chose to ignore her. The clock tolled and Prudence knocked on the door, waiting for an answer. No one came to the door. Prudence glanced at the girls, then walked right in as there was heavy snoring under the covers. "Good morning, Your Highness." she said, sounding without emotion as always.

Cinderella didn't answer.

Prudence raised an eyebrow, then decided to shake or snap Cinderella awake. She then put her ear to the comforter and a tongue licked her face by her surprise. "Your Highness!" Prudence cringed at the sudden licking.

The covers were pulled back by Cherry. It wasn't Cinderella under the covers after all. It was Bruno. He smiled and shook himself dry with drool and water he had been covered in.

"The princess is missing!" Prudence cried, then looked to find someone to help her find Cinderella. "Have you seen her, Cherry?"

"We said good night to each other last night." Cherry shrugged.

Prudence wiped her face with a cloth. She and Cherry then stumbled into the kitchen. Cinderella was in her regular clothes, stirring a bowl with egg yolk and some cheese inside of it. "You, you girl! Have you seen the princess?" Prudence asked, not recognizing her.

Cherry couldn't help but laugh. This brought on a little déjà vu and blindness to Prudence's seeing Cinderella in proper lady clothes. Cinderella smiled herself once she was asked that question. "Good morning, Prudence."

Prudence looked dumbstruck at Cinderella. She smiled apologetically with a laugh, then shuddered at Cinderella's outfit. "Oh, those awful clothes!"

"Hey, she wears those clothes all the time!" Cherry glared at the rule obsessed woman.

"Yes, but she is a princess now, as are you," Prudence replied. "Completely inappropriate, your highness. Also these are your ladies in waiting, they have met Miss Cherry, Beatrice and Daphne."

"Would you like some breakfast?" Cinderella offered.

"Breakfast?" Beatrice's face lit up. "Ooh, with toast and jam?"