Chapter 6

Chapter 6

     The rest of the week was pretty uneventful - I did my homework, I went to the pack-meets (and only had two bruises to show for it) and I took care of dad. However, I couldn't really forget about Will. I did have a couple of classes with him, and I also saw him a few times in the corridor, but he had gotten the message before and left me alone. He didn't talk to me or try any eye contact, but sometimes I felt his eyes on my back during class. I didn't know if I was supposed to feel weird or jittery that he was watching me. It did feel nice, sort of, but it felt a little "stalkery" too; he watched me a lot.

     Lee had been kind of protective of me during the week; I think he was noticing that Will was looking at me. He didn't say anything about it, but sometimes his posture would change ever so slightly, and if he could he would always sit so that he was between Will and me. Almost like a wolf staking his claim.

      It was Friday, and when the final bell rang, I stood up with a sigh. Finally! I grabbed my books and stuff and walked out of the room, towards my locker. When I got there, and had started to put my things into my bag, I smelt Lee's familiar scent come up from behind me. I heard his steps slowdown and become tenser, I smiled; Lee always tired to sneak up on me. Without turning, I said, "Hi Lee".

     "Man, your getting good. I can never sneak up on you anymore."

     "Yeah, well, I studied with a ninja master and now I'm all feng shui and shit."

       "Yeah, whatever. You feel like doing something now?", Lee asked me, a slight plea in his voice.

      "Sure, why not? I mean, I finished all school stuff and got no homework today."

     "Awesome, what do you wanna do?"

     "Um, I don't know, um, but first I need a pack of cigs from the store."

     "Um, really? You haven't had any for a while now." Lee didn't like that I occasionally smoked, and my dad had freaked the one time he found cigarettes in my room. I didn't usually smoke, but sometimes it was just the best thing in the world, and today seemed like one of those days.

     "Yes, really. Come on, I got my fake ID and will just stop by really quickly. It's only a small detour to wherever we're going." I never went and bought cigarettes by the store closest to my house. They knew who I was, and more importantly, how old I was.

      "Yeah, ok, fine."

      "Good, now lets go." We walked out of the school and he went into his old Ford and me to my bike. Putting on my helmet, I saw Will looking at me, with a frown on his face.

    I shook my head, sat on my bike and drove off.

     30-something minutes later, I was sitting on my bike outside of the store, with a cigarette in my hand. I took a long drag from it and sighed, I had needed this.

     "Smoking kills, you know," Lee says casually.

    "A bullet to the head kills too," I answered back, nonchalantly, but with a slight edge to it. It's not his businesses what I do and do not do.

     "I just don't get why you want to do this to yourself," he said tiredly, "I mean, haven't you ever heard of lung cancer."

     "Bite me." I had heard of lung cancer, it just didn't have the same affect on werewolves as it did humans. I had smoked a little when I was a human, but it wasn't until I became a werewolf that I really started smoking. When a werewolf got cancer, it didn't kill them, it was just very uncomfortable for a while because of our supernatural healing power. It would still be pretty amazing for a werewolf to get cancer, considering the fact that our body was pretty much healing us all the time.