Chapter 10

Author Note:

Just a quickie: I'm going to redo my cover, and if somone has any ideas or thoughts about a new cover, then just contact me in the comments below!

Chapter 10

      I still felt bad about kissing Will last night. When I had gone to bed, I had twisted and turned all night long, thinking about how completely and utterly stupidly I had behaved in the past 24 hours. I mean, first I practically make out with him on a sidewalk, then I tell him that I'm not interested in being more than friends. After that I of course immediately agree to go out on a date with him, for no matter how much I tried to deny it, the innocent friend dinner had been more date like than anything else. Then after telling him explicitly on the "date" that nothing could happen, I kiss him goodnight! This couldn't happen anymore… there will be no more kissing!

     Except, I liked kissing him. I liked his warm and soft lip, and I liked the slightly wet but intoxicating feeling of him pulling on my bottom lip, and I think I would love going even further… wait, no, no, no… nothing like that could happen at all! There will be no kissing and there will be no thinking about kissing him. Ok, maybe scratch the second one; a little fantasising is acceptable.

     I wondered what I would say to him in school today; should I ignore him like always? No, that would be rude. Maybe I'll try for indifferently polite… yeah, that aught to work. But then there was Lee to worry about… like I said, this was all kind of confusing.     

      My dad had already left for work, and I was, for some unexplainable reason, standing in front of the hallway mirror, looking for any imperfections on my face, or pulling and complaining to myself about my hair. Today I had settled for a pair of black skinny jeans, a tight black tank top and a grey sweater. Everything was a little tighter than what I usually wore, and it did make me feel a little uncomfortable, but something had compelled me to wear it. I had even applied some light eye-liner and mascara, and so I could only conclude that it was official - I had gone insane.

      I put on my shoes and stepped outside, prepared to walk to school-I hadn't gotten around to fixing my bike yet-when his familiar car came speeding down the corner. I smiled, in spite of myself, and when his car stopped I jumped inside without a moments hesitation.

     Will looked yummy today - wearing a pair of faded blue jeans and a white t-shirt.

     "Hi," I told him, smiling.

    "Hi, yourself," he said back at me, his lips pulling up in the corners. We were silent for while, before he said;

     "You look lovely," he told me, rather passively, looking ahead as he was driving. I couldn't bring myself to scold him about us only being friends, so I just replied,

     "Thanks."

     "So, you ready for school today?" he asked me.

     "I guess," I told him and stared at him. He looked at me; catching me gawking at him. I snapped my head to turn to the other side, looking out of the window on my side of the car, fighting the blush that was threatening to arise.   

   "You guess? I was expecting complaining or at least some moaning," he said, jokingly.   

   "Ah, you know, today feels like a sort of good day," I told him, letting one corner of my mouth pull up slightly.    

  "Any special reason?" he asked me, curiously and slightly teasingly.   

   "Maybe, maybe not; I haven't decided yet."