Chapter 11

Chapter 11

    "I still say that Sean Connery is without doubt the best Bond," Lee said as we made our way out of the movies. "I mean, I get the appeal that Daniel Craig has, I really do, but Sean has this way about him - how he talks and carries himself as a Bond is so much better than the way Daniel does."

     "I got to say - I love the way you speak as if you know them personally," I laughed at his rant. 

      "Well, considering how many times I've watched the movie, I feel entitled to act as if I know them."

     "Ok, but personally I prefer Pierce Brosnan as Bond… he just has something special, ya know?" I said.

      "I will accept that," Lee said, "I don't agree with you, but I will accept it."

      "You do what you want I guess." Currently, we were walking down the street from the cinemas, having just watched the latest James Bond movie. Lee hadn't been as quiet as he usually was; complaining or cheering loudly during the  different scenes. He was acting almost bipolar in his feelings about the movie; a couple of times almost standing up in reverence, but other times close to applauding in appreciation.

     It was really dark outside, and late. I did feel a little bad about being so late, my dad might be worried, but then again he was probably thankful for my absence. 

     I took one of my cigarettes from my cigarette pack and lit it, taking a long drag from it. I saw Lee eyeing me with a frown, but he didn't say anything.

      "What time is it?" I asked. He looked at his wristwatch and said.

     "'bout tenish," Lee said. 

     "Hmm, I should go home… yeah." I told him, taking another drag from my cigarette. 

     "Yeah, me too… you know how my mom can get," Lee said, rolling his eyes. 

     "Yeah," I said, and laughed - Lee's mom was really nice, and we liked each other a lot, but she did not like it when Lee was late… not at all. 

      Suddenly, I walked straight into someone else, and to my utter horror I recognised the scent. 

      Sean. 

     I looked down, and tried to make my body as small as possible, hoping to not invoke a certain reaction in him. 

     "Sorry," I whispered. 

     "Well, hi pup," Sean said, and I could just imagine the sardonic smile one his face. "What are you doing out so late?"

      "I went to the movies," I told him, still not daring to look up. 

      "It's kind of late… who knows what could happen to you. Maybe I should walk you home," and although what he said might have been perceived as an act of kindness, I knew for a fact that I did not want to be walked home by him.

      "Thank you," I said in a tiny of a voice as possible, "but my friend Lee here is going to walk me home."

     "Suit yourself… I'll see you tomorrow at the meet," he said and walked away. I let out a huge breath and pulled my hands through my hair. 

      "Um, care to explain to me what the fuck that was?" Lee asked me, a few moments of loud breathing later. 

      "No, it's just… he's just… I can't Lee," I told him, hoping that he wouldn't take it too personally. Which, of course, he did. 

      "You can't tell, or you can't tell me?" he asked. 

      "Both," I whispered.