1.0

— Four Month's Later
••• Tuskegee , Alabama
| University of Tuskegee Alabama
Makye Bullard

— Four Month's Later ••• Tuskegee , Alabama | University of Tuskegee Alabama Makye Bullard

" Ms.Bullard , I just wanted to let you know I loved how you presented your essay. Everything was so well organized , nothing too much and you got straight to the point." Ms. Johnson my professor spoke to me as I sat in my seat placing my Macbook back in my bag.

" Thank you Ms.Johnson." I smiled letting out a small laugh and zipped my bag shut .

" Where did you learn to write like that ? " She asked again , making me chew down on my lip slightly.

" I honestly really don't know , I guess the writing thing is just something natural for me." I honestly responded standing up from my seat as other class mates rushed out the door.

" Well you keep up the good work. For a freshman your doing amazingly well. I got a chance to look over your grades and your managing perfectly fine." She nodded and gave me a small tap on my hands.

" Thank you." I smiled placing my bag over my shoulders.

She had been so much help to Tania and I since we got here at Tuskegee. Always keeping us up to date on things , she even helped us get window jobs at the shop she works at.

Only in Saturday's and Sunday's , from 6 to 12. Washing hair , blowing drying , and press and curls. Something simple that we could do , nothing major.

It paid good. 15 dollars per wash and dry , and 30 for the silk press and curl. Evenly we got about 15 customers each a day. Most only wanted , a wash and dry which doesn't take much time.

" The shop is closed this weekend , we got some work getting done. But we'll back back opened next weekend. You ladies enjoy the weekend." She smiles as she walked back over to her desk taking a seat.

" Oh great ! I did have some plans for Saturday after 12. Now I'm completely open , thank you and I'll let Tania know." I smiled and nodded heading out of the classroom , immediately entering a bigger hallway

College was exactly what I expected , nothing like high school , ten times harder , and everything was getting done by YOU. No one was holding your hand for shit.

Luckily I had Nia here with me , I was keeping her together and she was keeping me together. Walking out of the hall , coming outside I walked onto the grass yard seeing hella people outside just chilling.

Still kinda like high school in some ways , they had their cliques and things like that. The difference was mostly in our politics.

Blacks hung out with the blacks , whites hung out with the whites. Which it wasn't many of , being that I had been in the media so much from Abdul's death everyone had knew me.