Chapter 17: Freedom Temporarily

1 word

2 syllables

3 people involved

FREEDOM!

I can not believe my parents left me alone in the house. Alone. That means they both and Andy and blair, also known as the existing family has gone for the book fair today which is in the nearby town. It's necessary to attend that because that's where they get the student's school supplies and books. But I wasn't really expecting that Mom would've left me home. But no, she just casually told me that they are going to the book fair but told me one last warning that crushed my dreams and plans. Don't even take one step out of the house. I promised. Her words are what that are restraining myself to even open the front door. Oh, did I mention that Dan didn't even take a second and he was out of the door after my family's departure. It would've been peaceful fot Elliot to go out too but too bad she has been sulking sad for the last few days.

As told before, no, no real progress has been made for Dalliot.

Morning was just as usual except for the fact that it was very windy outside but then again, I wasn't allowed to go outside. Sighing, I dragged my feet towards my room and took out the letter that Mason last sent me, again sinking in the feeling of meeting him soon but I'm taking my time and not making it anytime soon. I bet he wouldn't even remember that there is yet an Evelyn to discover. I heard a knock on the my bedoom door and tilted my head towards it to see a better view of who was awaiting my attention.

"What do you want?" It came out as a hoarse whisper because that was the first word I spoke since I was lost in the last thirty minutes of Mason's letters.

"Well...we can't just sit around here while the Nature is calling us outside, now can we?" She grinned and I looked away disappointing.

"I can't, I promised-" I was cut off by Elliot's groaning.

"Break it." She said irritably. It reminded me of how the other day I told Dan that promises are meant to be broken. Yeah with age fellows, not with parents. I thought. Looking at Elliot's face I found hint of excitement and a glow that is the first time I have seen on her since days. I turn my head back down and shake it almost immediately regretting it but knowing that it's the right choice.

I hear her silent and slow footsteps retreating my room. In one swift moment I rise up before changing my mind and accepting the risk that might worth be something.

"Count me in."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When I said count me in, I actually never thought this was your plan." I said exasperated and Elliot's grin broke from her face before it re-appered again.

"Oh quit whining. The last thing you want is to get caught by the police." She reasoned and I knew she couldn't be more right.

Right now, we were in the middle of a very old town square, if that's what you want to call it because it is filled with old houses, old people working, no kids and old transport means. There were cars, but really old-fashioned and simple, much for my liking though. The sweet scent of jasmine flowers tickled my nose and I smiled almost unconsciouly. It made my point of view on life totally change, in an instant. This kind of smell refreshens your mood and spirals your mind in an euphoric bliss of positive attitude. I was quickly withdrawn with my current sad thoughts of actually enjoying life as a freed prisoner. How irononic, but I'm being positive and if it means having full fledged freedom then let it be.

"Where to?" Elliot's quiz snaps me back to reality and I smile and point to the flower shop that we just passed a few seconds ago. Elliot raised her eye brows at me but before she could object, I was already setting for the place.