Chapter 1

I kick the dirt on the side of the track. After shaking it off my dirty red shoes, I keep walking along the track. The Preps, the popular people known to be jerks, push past me, yakking away. I glare at them and smile as my best friends, Megaan and Zero catch up with me. Megaan intentionally crashes into me and laughs. I blurt out laughing as Zero jumps on her back, yelling. "TO NARNIA!" Megaan screams. "Aah!! Zero!! Stooop!" She laughs as I pull Zero off. I'm still in giggles as I set her on the ground. "You guys are idiots!" Zero looks me straight in the eyes and fails to keep a straight face. "No Courage. We're all idiots." She jumps as the coach blows into the whistle. "COME ON GARRISON, HUSTLE!" We all start jogging, and as soon as he goes back into his tiny office, we walk. The bell rings and we go to the locker rooms. After changing back into our clothes, we head out to the field for resting period. I plop down on the grass and drop my backpack next to me as Megaan and Zero join me. I look over at the Preps in their little circle as they go on and on about how ugly the school uniforms are. Personally, I don't mind them. Being a tomboy, the grey t-shirt, dark green cargo shorts, and shoes of our choice are pretty cool. Megaan suddenly gasps and Zero and I look over at her. "What?" She points over at something skinny, with black and yellow stripes by the Preps feet. I look closer as it slithers and realize it's a snake. My eyes widen, and I bite my lip to hold back a laugh as Chloe squats down to take something out of her purse, and sees the snake. She has a look on her face. Sheer terror. I start to stand up, and sigh. "Come on let's go save them.."