Chapter 20

Executed? Exiled? No, they wouldn't do that to him. He's only a couple years older than me! "Well, I'm going to go check for him and the Noble's Temple." she told the group, and began turning to leave.

Emmett laughed as he grabbed her arm lightly and turned her back to him. "You realize you can't just walk in there right?"

"Well then how am I supposed to see if he's there?" She slowly removed his hand from her arm, but stayed facing the group.

"I'll come with you." Emmett stated. "The Nobles are good friends with my father so they won't be angry at me for waltzing in there."

The man with the black hair chuckled. "Well, if they do tell them to come get Regus. I'll give them a piece of my mind if they have a problem with you talking to them." Regus crossed his arms over his chest and smirked at the two.

One of the others elbowed Regus, "Don't get caught talking like that, or you'll be in a worse position than Theodore."

"Should we wait for Helstan to get back before we leave?" Andrea asked Emmett.

Regus burst out laughing and placed his hand on Emmett's shoulder, "Listen little Miss Attitude, even if you slapped him across the face he wouldn't do anything. To you that is. You're a girl, and I bet he's never even talked to a girl in his life!" The rest of the group chuckled when he said that. "He might yell at you for a couple minutes, but he wouldn't dare hit you."

"Well you're wrong there." Andrea began, "He's already hit me once, I'm sure he'll do it again."

Regus's eyes widened in disbelief. "Well if he ever does it again, you tell me and I'll beat the crap out of him. Just because he's my mentor doesn't mean I have to treat him well. Now, go find your friend."

With that said, Emmett and Andrea bid them all farewell, and began walking towards the temple. Emmett tried to cheer her up by telling her some of his childhood memories. She couldn't help thinking that he had a strange childhood. Instead of being raised by a mother and a father, he lived and was brought up by his grandmother, who didn't believe in violence, so he had never learned to fight until his mother moved back to town after ten years of his life.

His father never came back.

"So tell me Andrea, how old are you?"

"Twelve. Thirteen in a month. You?"

"Thirteen since last week." Andrea looked at him , surprised. "Yeah, I know, I'm younger than I look. But since I look like I'm practically an adult, I'm pretty well respected. Like when I want to scare someone younger than me, I can just stand up really tall, and they'll run home to their parents." He laughed at this, and Andrea did too.

"So how did you meet Theodore?" Emmett asked her.

"The first time I came to the dojo, he walked up and introduced himself. He's been appearing out of bushes ever since."

Emmett burst into laughter, "He does that. He's secretly a cat I swear. He's always getting stuck in trees."

As he said this, the temple came into view. It rose higher than any building Andrea had ever seen, and was constructed out of sandstone walls, with engravings in a language Andrea didn't know. All along the front of the temple were the symbols of Honor, Respect, Bravery, Courage, and hundreds of other praises given to the people in the town of Yaron. "My father earned Respect from his peers. They say it was because he was more involved with the people around him than his own self." Emmett spoke.

"My father earned one of them too, though I'm not sure which one."

Emmett's face crinkled slightly as he thought. "Your father was Roberto Aguelariz, right?"