Rules are rules

(wrtinig in diary)

   I hate my life, there is not one good thing about it. My parents, well they piss me off all the time, I can't take anymore of this. the things they make me do is so annoying, it's either study this or clean this. Leave me in peace for at least one whole hour, that's all I ask. I need my personal space, after all I am a teenager. For every damn minute of my life they're are always asking me what I'm doing it's annoying, it's creepy having your old folks lookimg over your shoulder twenty-four seven checking______.

"Vanessa, what are you doing?" my thought was cut of by a familiar scritching noise, mums. 

"just wait mum, I'll help you in a second!" I yelled in reply.

"I don't need your help I just want to know what your doing! can't you just answer a simple question VANESSA?" She yelled back, as if I said the most stupidest thing ever. 

"I'm writing in my dairy!" I replied. This is what I meant there always asking you qestions, as if they don't trust me. Can't they just trust me to do stuff on my own.

"how do you have time to do that?. Have you finished my homework yet?" she asked. I put my pen down and looked her way. She has a serious face on, I guess I'll just have to give her what she wants. 

"YES!" I said

"well you shouldn't be writing in your diary let a lone having one, help your mother by washing the dishes." she said without hesitation. At this moment I got pretty pissed off. She went to far.

"but mum, you just said you don't need help."

"did I give you choice, Vanessa, hmm?" she said it without hesitation, again. She always has a serious face on she's never scared that I might pounce back. I mean how could I, she knows me better than I do. 

Well, I'm Vanessa Pertica, thirteen years old and I'm moderate in height and size. I have dark brown, silky hair that flows over my shoulder. This is a sneak peek of my life. Do you get how much torture I  get now? I guess I was greatful that I wasn't alone. I have brother, Pete Pertica, he's also stuck in this prison until we are old enough to leave.

My brother's sixteen right now, but when he was seven my dad asked Pete what he wanted to be when he grows up, he replied by saying that he wanted to be a doctor. It was the biggest mistake of my brother's life. From that day onwards, dad has been bringing books back from the library about medicines and biology, but know that my brothers all grown up he wants to be an engineer, yet he hasn't got the guts to tell dad. And yes my dad is just as strict as mum. 

 I walked over to the kitchen and helped my mum with the dishes, well actually I was washing the dishes by myself right now. Mum went off and did some paper work for her job. Mum and I never really see eye to eye, and I mean it in both context, we never really agree on things and she always thinks she's right, when she's not, plus we are never in the same room as eachother, so seeing eye to eye is literally  never really going to happen.

All of a sudden a screaming sound from the bathroom, a deep voice, dad's. Dad came out of the shower with a towel around his waist, although me and mum never see eye to eye, dad always gives you the stare.

"VANESSA! I was in the shower and you decided that you wanted to wash the dishes you are a DEAD girl Vanessa. DEAD!"he yelled at me.

"but mum told me to wash the dishes!" I tried to fight back but I knew that there was no chance I was going to work.

"I did nothing of the sort. Why would I tell you to wash the dishes if I already knew that your father was in the shower?" mum lied but she didn't look at look our way, she just continued on with her paper work like she knew that dad would never want to hurt her.

"But I...." I stopped before I got into more trouble.

"But you what? Vanessa! First you used the water while I was in the shower making me freeze to death and then you accused your mother of your mistakes and know you want to talk back to me hmmm? what is with you and your attitude today Vanessa! go to your room and read your law books." he walked back to the bathroom. He yelled from the bathroom a cruel message " and by the way you can forget about your dinner!" I heard the bathroom door slam.

I went to my room and did as he said, but before that I had to locate where the hell my tissues where because I was almost about to cry. I found them but I realised that there where none left. Now the tears where really flowing out. I wanted to get a tissue from outside, but i can't go outside, my mum was there and I didn't want her to look down at me anymore than she already has. So I just sat there letting all my sad emotions go. Afterwards, I almost forgot that I was supposed to be reading and I read till I fell asleep.

I woke, realising that it was only 2:30am. I tried to get back to sleep but I couldn't I just kept tossing and turning thinking what would my life be like if I didn't have such mean parents. Would I be thinner? Would I be fatter? Would I be smarter? Would I be dumber? and one questioned striked me the most, would I be less depressed?

I decided to get up and clear my head a bit. So I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Holy crap. I just remembered that I forgot to go shower yesterday (considering it was already past midnight) so Got in the bathroom and start washing my body I thought there was no point in washing my hair because I really didn't care today and I wasn't in the mood to feel refreshed and who would bother to if you have parents like mine.