Chapter 2

My brothers were late, really late when they came home last night. I stood on top of the stairs with one of my books on my lap when my dads were arguing with them. I had to make my leave, I really didn't want them to come after my asses.

I quickly got up and scurried up the stairs before they could catch me. "Lukas! I know you're up there you fucking little twat." That, is Urian, my heart instantly started to pound and my blood began to pump and boil through my system at the threat. I forced my legs to move faster, and pumped my arms at my sides so that I can hide myself in my room. He was going to kill me.

Its not my fault they forgot to pick me up from school, I almost got raped by one of my creepy ass teachers because of them. I can tell that Urian was drunk when he came back and the minute I entered my room I immediately locked my door and slid down on it with my head in my lap.

Urian kept pounding his fist on the door repeatedly, beckoning me to open up but I wasn't going to have any of that. Not even when Darren and Callias came around. "Leave your brother alone, Urian! You were supposed to take care of him, its dangerous for him out there, he can't even shift and with the hunters on the loose who knows what could have happened to him!" I flinched when I heard a sharp slap.

"Just leave your brother alone!" Darren cried out to them desperately, and I couldn't stop myself from crying. I always caused them problems, I was always so weird. Why couldn't I just be a normal? I let my head fall against my lap until I heard another knock echo against my door.

It was Callias, but I didn't even want talk to him now. I didn't want to see anybody, I just wanted to be alone with my books. "Lukas?" He called out behind the door, "talk to me son, we all love you very much." He whispered hoarsely. I sniffled pathetically as I dabbed my eyes with tight fists.

"Go away." I muttered, as I clumsily stood up from and slowly but shakily flickered on the light. My dad didn't say anything on the other side of the door, he must have taken the hint and left me alone. That's all I wanted right now, no one understood me in the Lunar plantation house.

I don't have a lot of friends at school or at home. I wiped my eyes again and headed to the bookshelf and picked out one of my favorite books in the world; Moby Dick. I smiled as I ran my thumb over the title, and jumped onto the bed with a thump.

I stayed there that way, and waited until my dad gave up and walked away. I let myself breathe out a sigh of relief when I fell back against the bed sheets. I don't understand why they are still trying with me. I'm not going to say anything back to them, they aren't going to get anything out of me.

I started to lazily trace and flip over the pages of the book when I heard a light tap on my window, I snapped my head up in shock, and almost fell off the bed when I clumsily fell of of it. I heard the same tap again, but who would be outside of my window? Its dark out obviously, and nobody would be there unless it was a damn night bird trying to bug the hell out of me.

I held my book up high and above my head as I walked slowly but tentatively forward. I peeked out the window but I didn't see anything. I hummed and started to slide my window open, while I poked my head out of it.

There wasn't anything there. I looked away for a second before taking another glance out of the window, my heart nearly fell to the pit of my stomach when I saw the same stranger from earlier today hanging onto one of the trees. The stranger smiled cheekily and waved at me as he came closer to the window. "So, are you going to invite me in or what?" He chuckled. I stood rigid, as I glanced over at him warily.

I'm not supposed to be talking to strangers, not even this one. I gulped. I'm not even supposed to be letting them into my room, "I'm a friend of the family. " He said, but I didn't believe him, so I shook my head at him roughly. I was about to close the window on him, when he put his hand on top of my mine. Don't touch me, I don't want anybody touching me, especially him.