Chapter 10

It was her, the crazy girl from the restaurant. The one who was responsible for all this trouble we're now in.

"What do you want?" I growled. "Do you want me to sign across your fugly face or something?" I know I'm supposed to be nice to my fans and all that, but for this mentally challenged girl, it was hate at first sight.

She didn't reply, instead she shrieked and did this weird little jig around Ryan. My jaw dropped. How dare she ignore me?!

"Oh my gosh! You're Ryan Stone! Can you sign on my bellybutton for me? Can you also sign on my butt? Or maybe also my boobs?"

I resisted the urge to bang my head against a random wall. Too bad none materialised in front of me.

Ryan looked, to say the least, uncomfortable. I scoffed. If I were him I would be flattered. Instead, I was currently being treated like I was practically non-existent.

And then I realised that the paparazzi was almost knocking down the door of the restaurant, shouting out stupid questions as usual.

"Come on," I said, grabbing Ryan's hand and dragging him to my metallic pink Ferrari. "Let's get out of here."

"Wait! Where are you going! Heyyy!" Annoying Girl screeched, desperately clinging (or clawing) onto Ryan's forearm. I winced on behalf of him.

"Ouch," I said.

"What are you saying ouch for?" Ryan asked, sounding not unlike Regina George.

"Just saying on behalf of you," I shot back.

"Whatever. It's not like I'm weak, girlfriend," he grinned.

"OH MY GOSH, YOU MEAN YOU TWO ARE DATING?" Annoying Girl's high-pitched voice pierced my eardrums, her eyes darting back and forth between us like that of a rodent's.

"Not you too," I groaned, sliding into my convertible. "Now get lost, Annoying Girl." The buzz from the paparazzi suddenly went into crescendo and camera flashes began closing on us.

"Ryan! Get into the damn car now!" I screamed.

The car door slammed and I jammed hard on the accelerator, leaving the paparazzi behind in a cloud of dust.

"Phew, close shave, huh," Ryan let out a sigh of relief. I nodded in agreement. It seemed to me that we had not only gotten rid of the paparazzi, we had gotten rid of the crazy girl as well.

"You bet!" A voice chirped from behind.

Then a head popped up in between our front seats.

What. The. Hell?

The car screeched to a halt as I choked on my own spit.

------

"Are you freaking kidding me?" I spluttered.

"What?" Annoying Girl actually had the audacity to give me an innocent grin.

"Just... Urgh! Get out of the stupid car before I sue you for assault!" I waved my hands in the air, accidentally smacking Ryan right on the nose.

"Ow! Watch it! I make my living through my pretty face babe!" Ryan yelled. He glared at me and I glared right back.

"So you two are really dating?"

I swear if I hear her annoying voice one more time, you'll be seeing me in a mental asylum tomorrow.

"SHUT UP!" Ryan and I both yelled.

"Jinx," we laughed.

"Double jinx," I said, a split millisecond before Ryan repeated it.

"Damn!" he groaned.

"You owe me a soda!" I sang.

"So you two aren't? I mean like, there's so much chemistry between you guys! I could almost smell the sexual tension and... Ouch!"

I had never been gladder in my life that Ryan had just smacked her on the head.

"That will shut her up," he grinned.

"OH MY GOSH! Ryan Stone just touched me! I swear I'm never washing my hair for the rest of my life!" It would have seemed impossible but her voice just went up by ten decibels.

"Ew," I spat. As it was, her hair looked like it was in serious need of some conditioning.

Ryan scooted over and leaned close towards me.

"Actually Charna, I think she's kind of cute in a weird way," he whispered.

"Ryan, kindly go and get yourself a life," I rolled my eyes and resisted the urge to smack my head against the dashboard. How can anyone think she's anything close to cute? Sometimes, I think I'm just so awesome that the rest of the world seems unfathomable to me.

"Are you guys talking about me? Oh my gosh! Is Ryan Stone talking about me? I'm so excited I think I'm going to throw up!" She screamed, fanning herself with both hands rapidly. Her face was practically the colour of an avocado.

"Not in my car!" I snarled. "Ryan, give her the barf bag."

I squeezed my eyes shut and waited for the vomiting sound and retching odour, but it never came.

"Hey guys, I think I'm fine now!" she quipped.

I opened my eyes sceptically, only to see the paper bag over her head.

"Uh... What in the world?" I trailed off. Then I spotted the two holes in the bag which were meant for her eyes.

"Did you use your fingers to do that?" Ryan asked, amazed. I scoffed. Duh, of course she did. How could he be amazed by someone who was able to poke through a paper bag with their fingers? I mean, hello? I could do that with just one well-manicured fingernail.

"Uh no, I used this paintbrush," she said as she held up a tiny, slim object. "I didn't know you were into art. None of the magazines said anything about it. Or maybe I was just paying too much attention to news about Ryan Stone. Did you know that I make out with every single picture I see with him? When I do so I like to imagine that Ryan Stone is somehow kissing me back and all that, you know? I hope I'm not creeping you out. I hate creeping people out."

Ryan and I exchanged equally horrified looks. Okay, maybe his face was just a tad more horrified than mine.

"Oh and where did you managed to get such a puny brush?" she continued.

I squinted through the darkness. Wait, that was...

"Is that my $300, limited edition, Elizabeth Arden mascara brush? You little crabapple!" I shrieked, punching my leather seat with every word.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ryan raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know, it just sounds cool. BUT THAT'S NOT THE FREAKING POINT!" I yelled, checking my rear view mirror again, only to see a hoard of cars advancing towards us.

-----

Short one! Our friends are hounding us ;s