Prologue

Hello (: This is Jane here! Glad that you're joining us (Wendy and I) on our writing journey! This is our very first story, so I hope you like it! It's alright if you don't like our story, but please leave a comment so that we can improve our writing (: Enjoy reading!

Hey this is Wendy!! Just saying hi to everyone here as Jane has probably said everything I wanna say ;) Love ya and I shan't disturb your reading now!

Disclaimer: All cursing, swearing and sick jokes appear in this story courtesy of Wendy

*********************************************************

Prologue

"Lalala..." Five-year-old Charna held up her precious doll and twirled it, almost landing straight into her father, Sam. "Hey! Slow down there, Charnie sweetie! Having fun with Lizzy?" Sam grinned, picked his daughter up and swung her around.

Just then, the phone rang. "Honey! Get the phone please! I'm trying to dry my hair!" Shelly yelled from the bathroom.

"C'mon, Charnie, let's go get the phone," Sam muttered. "Yay!... HELLLOOOOO??" Charna yodelled. Sam chuckled. "Hello...? What?! Brad! Wow! It's been such a long time! How are you and Rose, man?" He exclaimed.

"What? Look out of the window? For what? Hey you better not be playing pranks, buddy."

Sam reached over and pulled up the blinds, only to see Brad and Rose grinning at him, with a little boy rolling in his well-pruned lawn. He jumped up in surprise.

"Holy shit! You scared me, Brad! C'mon in!"

"What are you doing here, man? I thought you were in New York!" Sam grinned as he held the door open. Suddenly, the little boy dashed in and started hopping on his couch. "Whoa!... Is that Bryce? So big already?! I wouldn't believe it if you told me that this handsome fella is five already!"

"Honey! Guess who's here!" Sam hollered.

Shelly dashed downstairs, her hair sticking out in all directions. "OMG! Rose! Brad!" She shrieked like a child as she dashed forward to give her high school BFF a hug, and a peck on the cheek for her own husband's BFF.

"Mommy, your hair is fluffy!" Charna giggled as she took everything in, wide-eyed.

Rose gasped and rushed forward. "Oh my! Is this Charna? Five years old already!" She reached out to pat Charna.

Charna's eyes followed the strange boy bounding around the room. Who was this stranger in her house? Daddy always said to make a good first 'impreshun'. I don't know what a first 'impreshun' is, but I think he would like it if I went over to say hi, Charna thought.

She clutched Lizzy close to her tummy and went over cautiously. "Erm... Hi. I'm Charna."

The boy stopped running midway and turned to grin at her. Before Charna could relax slightly, he grabbed Lizzy.

-----

The four parents had settled down on the couches and were catching up on the good old days, completely forgetting about their children. It was a mistake.

"Hey! Why don't we introduce Charna and Bryce! They can be best of friends!" Sam grinned in parent-ish enthusiasm. The four gownups nodded like sage advice givers somewhat resembling Yoda and turned to look beside Sam simultaneously. The children were gone.

A piercing scream came from the yard.

Alarmed, the adults rushed to the window.

Bryce was chasing Charna around in the yard, and she was screaming her head off in anger. "Nyah, nyah, nyah!" Bryce chanted. He had Lizzy in one hand and was dodging Charna's attacks, hopping around like a wild monkey.

Charna was getting more and more furious by the second. She caught up with Bryce and before he could duck, she gave him a hard shove. Bryce tripped and fell in front of a rake, and Lizzy went flying in the air and landed right on it.

Plop. The rusty metal handle pierced through Lizzy's body, making the doll resemble a skewwered steak.

"Ahhh you killed Lizzy!" Charna screamed. Her doll's head landed at her feet.

"You meanie!" Two fat tears rolled down Charna's face, then, her jaw tightened. She had been learning karate since she was three, after all, "Self-defence is very important," as her daddy always said.

She took in a deep breath and kicked Bryce in the balls. Bryce doubled over.

"Oops," Charna flashed an evil grin at Bryce. Just then, two pairs of hands appeared out of nowhere, locking her in a firm grip.

"Wow! Charna's only five and she already knows how to defend herself from boys!" Brad chuckled, trying to ease the awkwardness of the situation.

"Talk about being friends," Sam muttered while Charna and Bryce were dragged back into the house while sticking their tongues out at each other.

-----

Nine years later

"I can see your face on billboards, girl!"

Charna blinked. This stout middle-aged man was Garry Kingston? Garry Kingston was Hollywood's number one director, named the greatest movie director of all time, perhaps even ahead of James Cameron. He went to schools all over America just to talent scout a boy and a girl for his upcoming movie. The two lucky teenagers were guaranteed instant fame and probably a dream-like career in Hollywood, but did she really want to star his next movie?

"What do you say girl?" Garry Kingston asked again.

"I...I don't think I'm good," Charna pretended to stammer. She had a feeling that the girl's character in the movie was supposed to be outspoken and brash. After all, the movie was going to be "The most epic action film in history". Charna, of course, lacked in neither of the qualities the girl probably had, but she didn't want to act, or enter Hollywood for that matter. It was way too early for a fourteen-year-old girl to decide on her career.

Garry Kingston pursed his lips in disappointment. The girl standing in front of him was seriously pretty. She had a great figure, her blondish-brown hair was perfectly glossy and her face looked like it was photoshopped. Perfect for the role, it was too bad she was shy...

"Quit acting Charna," the boy behind Charna whispered. Garry Kingston jolted back to his senses, only to see a rather tall boy smirking at Charna. He had blond hair that fell over his eyes and startling green eyes, but his face was ruined by that smirk he was wearing.

Wait... Acting? Garry Kingston whirled his head around, only to see Charna glaring at the boy.

"Bryce," she growled.

"Okay okay. What crawled up your ass?" He held up his hands in surrender. A few other boys around him laughed nervously.

Charna fumed. She dropped her "shy girl" facade, clenched her hands into fists and punched him straight in the jaw. Even though she had only used 30% of her strength, Bryce groaned as he rubbed his jaw. "That hurt," he muttered.

"You should have been glad it wasn't your balls," Charna muttered.

Suddenly, there was a whoop of joy. Everyone swivelled their heads to look at Garry Kingston.

"I think," he said, "I want both of you in my movie."

Charna glanced at Bryce in horror.

"What? No, absolutely not!" She yelled.

"Why, are you scared?" Bryce taunted.

Charna's jaw tightened, like it always did when she was angry.

"Of course not!" She snapped, "I'll do it!"