A Lovely Question

Your POV-

A bell chimed, ringing throughout your conscience. "Morning Kururi~Senpai and Mairu~Senpai!" A girl with long, dark purple locks shouted upon entry of you and the two sisters. 

"Hey Konra~Senpai!" A second shout echoed through the room; belonging to Mairu.

"Hi," Kururi mumbled. You blinked, and in a moments haste you felt a figure hug you from behind.

"Who's this cutie~?" The purple girl teased.

"That's our Big Sissy," Kururi spoke, detaching herself from you.

"(y/n)," You said aloud, the purple haired girl rested her chin on your shoulder.

"Lovely name~" She cooed, "Konra Ohijum, at your service!" She let go of you and walked around you, before bowing.

You noticed she was wearing a maids outfit, sporting a cat ear headband. "Come with me!" She took your hand and led you, the sisters following. She stopped upon reaching a table with a big window, outstretching over the wall. The table was quaint, a pink and white checkered table cloth laid over it, with a basket of condiments on the far right. The chairs, however, were large, complimenting the table poorly.

You sat down, and Kururi sat next to you. Mairu took a seat across from you. You had chosen one of the 4 chairs that were closest to the window; it would serve easier to observe people that way.  The streets were bustling- they always were. It was nice though, the sweet smell of bread warmed the air. However, you still resented the fact that the sisters brought you to a maid cafe.

"Can I get anyone some drinks?" Konra beamed at the three of you. It was an unfaltering smile though, as it was genuine.

"Lychee boba tea! Please and thank you!" Mairu spoke confidently.

"Oh... uhm... I'll have a strawberry... strawberry milkshake," Kururi said quietly. You were amazed the Konra heard her.

"I'll have some ice green tea," You said. It was, admittedly, your favorite drink.

"Alrighty right! That'll be ready soon. You guys don't happen to know what you're already gonna eat~?" Konra playfully tapped her chin, as if in question.

"3 ramen please Konra~Senpai!"

"Right!" Konra hurried away. You watched her walk away, her dress barely covering the top of her thighs. 

'How distasteful,' you thought. You looked out the window, watching the passing stream of people.

"Big Sissy?" A voice mumbled. You dropped your gaze to look at Kururi, who was now tugging at your hoodie.

"Hm?"

"Are you afraid of death?"

You paused, taken aback. "What? No."

"Are you afraid of pain?"

"No."

"Then what are you afraid of?"

You stopped to think this over. You looked at Mairu who had her head resting in her hands. She didn't seem phased by this random outburst of questions. Suddenly you laughed, not a gentle laugh, but a snicker. You grinned, "That's a lovely question my dear."

"Kururi, don't be creepy," Mairu rolled her eyes.

Kururi's eyes widened a bit and she looked at you, then looked down. She blushed, "Sorry," she mumbled.

"(y/n), you'll have to excuse my sister-"

You held up a hand silencing the girl, "I don't mind."