Listen When Spoken To

Rule #7 Listen to adults when you are spoken to.

All my life I have had trouble with just listening in general. I wouldnt listen to my parents to my teachers. No one. So I just didnt care at all. Soon My mom would get frustrated with me and my teachers would get angry and ground me or give me detention for not listening. They would then admonish me saying, "You are the reason we made this rule."

..................................

School went by in no time and I just wanted the day to be over. I couldnt take it anymore. Sometimes I just want to run away.

On my way home I saw a black van sitting in my drive way. I parked my car in the neighbors drive way to keep my car away from the van. When I got inside I he very distinct sounds. Now they were pretty normal sounds to me.

The flick of a bic lighter.

Faint bubbling.

The clapping of a hand on skin.

and eventually...

The sudden sigh of relief.

My parents were in the other room and they had their long time friend Don. I knew that "Mom" was on the floor, "Dad" was on the sofa and Don was in the chair.

This was normally the position I always found them in in the morning.

Don is an eccentric character. He is a very skinny guy. Hes only 29 but looks about 50. I saw old pictures of him from when he was about 20 before he met my parents. He was attractive. He would have been on of those guys that turns out to be like another Adonis.

My parents we good looking but they went down hill when I hit the age of 10. Thats when they met Don. They had a huge inheritance from when my grandparents died and they have long forgotten the code and everything to get into the account but I still have it. How do you think I cloth, feed myself and put a roof over my head?

Don had introduced my parents to heroin. He deals to them and just feeds their habit. They tried to drag me into it at one point but I had hidden myself in the closet under a bunch of shoes and jackets. I was terrified and you may be thinking, "Why havent you called the cops?"

Well I just havent had the heart. They may be bad people but they are still my family and I love them. I guess I always held onto the faith of them one day snapping to their right minds but in the back of my mind something is screaming to me to lose that faith.

But for some reason I still hold on. Right now only Connor and Sam know about this. They wont ever say anything unless anything bad happens so I try to keep out of my parents line of sight.

Once I heard my parents hitting the skin on their arms, I tried my hardest to stay quiet and out of sight and out of mind. It works for me. Sadly to get to my room I have to cross the doorway to the living room So I have to be really quiet or i have to climb through my room window so I decided to just walk to my room.

As I walked across the doorway I heard Don talking to me.

"Look at little Casey. Getting to look beautiful baby." I cringed at his words.

"Hey dont talk to my brat like that." Mom yelled at that as she gripped her syringe. I instanly spun around and made my way to the door. All I heard was Don yelling after me to get my "sweet ass over here"

Yeah... No...

Once I got outside, I saw that one person who I never wanted to see in the vacinity of my house.

Jc. I tried to get to my car but it was parked in the driveway that Jc was walking up with Jaylen and Joe Felix. So I made a break for it. But it worked to no avail.

Don came running out of the house giving me cat calls and telling me to get over there and so on and so on. Jc's head snapped to us. Jo felix and Jaylen ran off to the house and Jc stood there staring at the scene.

"Hey dumb ass. Move along now. Nothing ot see here now come with me Casey and I'll show you a good time." Don yelled and waved his thin pale arms. I continued my way to my car as I listened to Don's insults that flew at me. I kept my head down walking to my car to not see Jc's face but soon my body collided with another body. Though it wasnt thin and cold, it was full and warm.

The persons arms wrapped around me and held me close. They brought me to my car and shoved me in the passenger side and slammed the door.

I let my hair fall over my face as I threw my keys in the ashtray and let a tear slip down my face.

All I could hear was Jc yelling at Don calling him, "A disgusting and vile excuse for a human being." It broke me.

I mean I hate Don and my parents but it broke me to know that now someone else knows why Im so fucked up in the head.

JC ripped open the driver door and slammed it shut. He quickly snatched up my keys and turn the engine over.

I peaked at JC through the wall of hair and looked at his face. His knuckles were white from his death grip on the steering wheel. His lips were held in a tight line and his beanie had come off and he was running his hand through his hair and pulled roughly at the ends of his hair.

I slowly lifted my head and pulled the sleeves of Jc's flannel over my hands. I quickly wiped at the tears going down my face.

A/N

Whats up guys... Jess here so... I am very happy. We just launched the newspaper for this month like not even an hour ago. But I am very proud and I love it. I also just saw the elementy schools opening night of the Wizard Of Oz and it was so cute, like I cant even. Also I got to 3,000 views  on my story like wait what? This is just incrediable and can I just say that that is amazing because Im on writers block right now and its getting a little tough with that story. But thank you so much it truely means a lot to me. You guys are Totes AMAZE BEANS I love you guys so much.

As always vote and any questions comments complaints concerns please feel free to contact me

Recommended time to write...

Class

Home room

When you should be doing homeworks

or Study hall (Where I am right now)

Recommended band

I have always loved them but I getting more into them now because of my friend Stosh, he gives me all good music to listen to and he is amazing.

Listen to Blink-182 I love them so much. (Im going as a blink-182 fangirl for halloween)

Fangirls look just like any normal person but with power!

Anyways...

IustsharpenedmyppencilandnowyouknowwhyCaseyisthewaysheiswillJCexceptherasdfghjkl...BYE

I love you all <3 :*

~Jess