Chapter 25: The Realm of Darkness

I took one last look at the outside world. Anne and her Pokemon laying unconscious, All of the grunts now dead from poison, and right near me, one of my friends, Alex, dead on the ground.

I had already checked to see if he was still breathing. He wasn't. That meant he really was dead. When we got out of this mess we would hold a proper funeral for him, along with Chelsea. And probably a few others soon. (Who knows what's in this portal?)

I took a deep breath. "Well, let's go." I said.

As we were all about to step in, someone shouted, "Wait!"

Paul, Chimchar, Patch, Butterfree, Beedrill and I all turned to see Dragonite flying towards us. "Looks like you decided to come after all." said Paul.

"Yeah..." said Dragonite, "Listen, guys, I might've had a bit of a short fuse before, but I'm not turning back this time, alright? I just... I don't know, when Patch and I were fighting, I just had the urge to turn back... I really don't know why."

"Well yeah, you just kind of walked out on us." said Chimchar, stating the obvious.

"I know... And speaking of Patch..." Dragonite said, "How could you betray us like this? I mean it when I ask, does my trust really not matter to you?"

Patch had a horrible look on her face. A look of complete shock mixed with sadness. She looked as if something had died inside of her.

I knew that this was not the time, and we had to keep moving. "Guys, we'll talk about this later, we have to stop Team Galactic!" I said.

Dragonite stared at me for a moment, deciding what to do. "Alright then, let's go."

And we stepped into the portal.

She and the small Pokemon she found had been walking around aimlessly for hours, unable to find anything but darkness. No other Pokemon could be seen anywhere. Everything was simply dark.

"I-I'm scared." said the small Pokemon. "I know, but trust me, we'll be fine." she said.

As they continued to walk, they finally heard something. It sounded like someone was... talking. "What are they saying?" asked the small Pokemon curiously.

She tried to listen in on what they were saying. She kept hearing words like "power" and "energy" and "plan". It sounded interesting.

"They're talking about some sort of plan that involves power and energy?" she said equally as curious as the Pokemon beside her.

She couldn't see it, but the Pokemon went wide-eyed. "Whoa, you can understand them?!" She looked puzzled. "Yeah, I guess... You can't?"

"No!" said the Pokemon excitedly. "What else can you do?"

"Let's see..." she said. She tried moving around a bit to see if she had any other abilities. She started concentrating real hard, as if really angry... but nothing happened.

"Well, I guess I can't do-" she started, but suddenly, the room around her lit up, revealing everything a couple metres (CANADA!) around her.

"We can see!" said the Pokemon, who was now revealed to be a young male Bonsly. He looked excited.

She smiled. "Alright, let's find a way out."

I felt for a moment, as though I was drifting through space. Like there was no gravity to hold me down. Like I could reach out and touch the stars. Then I felt as though I was falling. I fell for about 15 seconds before I tumbled out the other end of the portal.