Chapter 5: Chelsea the Budew

Dr. Wallogurts couldn't believe his eyes. In the machine now stood, instead of a small girl, a tiny Budew. "See?" said Dr. Burgenbell with an evil grin. "Using the power of Ditto, we were able to morph a human into a pokemon. Therefore, we could transform humans into rare pokemon and get loads of cash."

This was so much more amazing than Dr. Wallogurts' lousy machine. It wasn't even funny. Okay, it was kind of funny, seeing the little brat get what she deserved, but still. Wallogurts had been beaten again. By far.

Chelsea was a normal girl, eleven years old. She had brown hair and was a pokemon trainer. She had witnessed her starter pokemon, a Chimchar, killed by team Galactic, and the other ones tortured. Now, they had taken her in to do who knows what with her.

When she was brought into that room and shoved into that machine, she knew she was in trouble. She tried with all her might to get out, but the machine started zapping her. The excruciating pain went on for about a minute, in which she might have fainted for a split second. When the zapping stopped, she opened her eyes.

Things looked... bigger. Chelsea looked up at the scientists, who were chatting about rare pokemon or something. "So far, I can't figure out how to change it, so it's sort of random." said one of the scientists. "You see, with the help of- Oh, but I've told you too much already!"

That scientist opened the door. "Go. Scram. Get out. Be mauled in the wild or something, I don't really care. Get out!" he shouted, grabbing her and placing her on the floor. When she didn't move, the scientist told the guard to take her out.

"Welcome to your new life." said the guard, throwing Chelsea out of the door. She landed in a bush full of thorny roses. "Ow!" she screamed in a language that was not her own, jumping out of the bush.

Chelsea still wondered why everything seemed so big. She looked at her hand and jumped. It was all green and leafy. She ran over to a nearby pool, or rather an ice pool, to find the terrifying sight of a Budew staring back at her.

It was snowy outside, as Chelsea was at Snowpoint City. She shivered as she trudged through the snow, wandering like a lost puppy. She walked for hours, just trying to find out what to do next. She was dying of cold.

She began thinking. Chelsea was now a Budew, she most likely wouldn't see her parents again, and she would probably freeze to death.

Right when she was about to collapse, a warm jacket enveloped her. She tried to look up to see who it was, but everything was blurry from cold. Chelsea shut her eyes tight and drifted off to sleep. Welcome to her new life indeed.

[One day earlier]

Paul sat quietly in his house, wondering how his friends were doing. Charlie, Metapod, Beedril, and Misdreavus. He wondered if they were okay.

He decided to watch some TV. Paul took the remote and pressed the ON button. The screen buzzed to life and the News Channel came into view. It was some story about a Dragonite being sighted in the Johto region. Dragonite was a rare pokemon, so Paul turned it louder.

"-out of a cave in the Ruins of Alph and took off with three passengers on its back-" The camera showed a couple pokemon getting onto a Dragonite's back. It was hard to make out which pokemon they were. 'Wait...' Then Paul realized. It was Charlie and his friends, which were now fully evolved. Except Misdreavus, who wasn't there.

Paul quickly ran into his storage room and rummaged through some boxes. After a couple of minutes, he finally pulled out his old map of Johto. 'If they were here, and they were flying that way, they must be heading to...' Sinnoh. They were going to Sinnoh. Paul had regretted leaving them the moment they had left.

Paul took a pokeball out of his pocket. His only pokemon. "Come on, Delta." he said quietly to it. He threw the pokeball, releasing the Pidgeot named Delta. "What is it?" it asked Paul in poke language, which Paul could understand perfectly. "We have to fly somewhere." Paul said to his pokemon. Delta nodded.

Time for another adventure.

__________________________

So yeah, a kind of cross chapter. What does Chelsea have to do with this story? And what about Paul? The chances would be like one in a million to have switched to that channel at that exact moment. Meh, he probably would have seen it on the internet, as they post their stories there too.

Short-ish chapter also. Sorry, even awesome people have to sleep. I hope you have a good night, so...

...G'bye!

[edit]

I edited the last part when I remembered that Paul could understand poke language.

G'bye for reals!

[second edit]

Wow, I'm having trouble with this chapter! Anyways, before, Chelsea just knew right away what pokemon she was. I changed that, so...

G'bye again! Seriously!