Chapter 3: A Slight Delay

"Nice to meet you too, Alex." I said to the Charmander with a smile. Then I turned to Dragonite. "So, when are we going?" I asked him.

"Morning." Dragonite said back. "We should probably- AGH!!!" He had just tried to flap his wing, but something went wrong. "What's wrong?" I asked him.

Dragonite gave a nervous look. He tried to move his wing again. "AGH!!! Oh no..." he said quietly. Alex and I started getting nervous. "What is it!?" I said to him nervously.

"I think I..." He paused. "I think I broke my wing." he said finally. My eyes widened. Our only trip to Unova was gone. What's worse, I wasn't even thinking about how much miserable pain he must be in.

Dragonite spoke again. "I must have been working it too hard when I tried to rescue you guys..." he mumbled. A guilty look showed on Alex's face. "Oh, come on. I had to save you guys." said Dragonite, seeing it.

Then Alex piped up. "Hey, if you need any help with anything... just say so." he said guiltily. I laughed. "No, it's fine! Hey, you can even come get some shelter for the night!" Alex's face brightened. "Really? Thanks, guys!" he shouted happily.

The three of us went back to our grass beds where Butterfree and Beedrill were waiting for us. "Charlie! Good to see you're okay!" said Butterfree as I came back. "Who's the friend?" asked Beedrill, repeating what he had said when he first saw me with Caterpie. Ah, memories.

Just fear-packed, haunting memories.

"This is Alex." I said back. "He was that pokemon running away from those two guys we saw earlier." The two of them nodded, and we went to sleep.

Well, I didn't. I hated my dreams. I know they didn't sound so scary, but everything just seems scarier in a dream. I desperately tried to stay awake, but the drowsiness overcame me, and I fell asleep.

It was that dream where that girl and I were going through the cave, searching for something. "Where do you think it went, Jay?" I asked the girl. Apparently, the girl was Jay.

"I don't know. My pokemon doesn't have that much experience. It can't see auras very well." Jay said to my human self, pointing to a Riolu by her side.

Then I woke up. It was morning now. Alex and Butterfree were awake, chatting. Butterfree looked like he was making sure Alex's tail didn't touch him. "Oh, hey, Charlie!" shouted Butterfree at my movement.

"Butterfree's been telling me about you!" said Alex happily. "So you guys are going on an adventure?" he asked. "Yep," I said back, "sure are."

Alex looked curious. "Wow, all the way to Unova..." he thought aloud. Then he finally spoke to me. "I'd love to come!"

This was just thrown out of nowhere. It wasn't even a question. He was just really hoping I'd take him. Alex seemed to be quite adventurous. "Sure! Why not?" I decided.

Alex was overjoyed. "Oh, thanks!" he exclaimed. 'The more, the merrier.' I thought.

A few minutes later, everyone had awoken, and we were discussing what to do next. "Just go to the dock in Canalave City." said Alex. Of course! I'm sure we could get onto a boat. Hold on... Canalave City... That was at the other side of the region!!

"That's on the other side of the region!" I said, echoing my thoughts. Alex shrugged. "It's the only dock with a trip to Unova. Castelia City, I think." he said.

Riiiiight. It kind of annoyed me that Alex knew more than me about anything. I had memorized five region maps! Who was he...

"Alright, but why don't we just go to a pokemon center?" I asked. Haha. Take that, Alex.

Dragonite sighed. "Charlie, I've seen things not as bad as this that couldn't be fixed. Even if I move it the slightest bit, it hurts."

Grr... Gee, what was I thinking? Alex was trying to help me!

Again with thinking all for myself...

"Alright, then! We're going to Canalave City!" said Alex happily. Everyone agreed and we started off towards Lake Valor. Alex was actually a good leader. Well, good things come in small packages.

Wait, I'm small.

He's small too, though.

Oh, I should shut up.

_________________________

Wazzup, it's the, drum roll please, *long drumroll* afterword!!

So it was a pretty short chapter, but the next one will be longer. Heheh, I've got so much planned. I almost feel evil keeping it from you. Almost.

Anyways, Keep Wattpadding and WATTnot. Ahahahaha! See what I did there? See what I... Oh, shut up.

Yeeeeaaaah, bye.