Chapter 9

Omgee! Thank you guys soo much! I love all the feedback. It gets me all pepped up about writing a new chapter(: I really love you guys, you make writing awesome. So enjoy :D

Comment, Vote, Fan, Smile

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Less than two hours into running and I was really regretting it. My bum leg was burning and throbbing with a horrible pain as I shoved through the dense forest. I had already tripped a few times but, I got up and kept running. Finally after 13 hard-core miles, I spotted our shabby house. I slowed down and took a seat on a nearby stump, catching my breath.

I shuddered at the thought of running back to Casey in just a few short hours, but forced it down. She needed me. I stood and walked slowly down the center of the road, keeping my breathing normal. As I approached our run-down house I was supremely grateful to the face Dad's car wasn't there.

I sucked in a few deep breaths and slipped in through me and Casey's window. My body dropped to the bed and I didn't try to fight it. I laid there for a good twenty minutes until I felt nice and rested. I walked on my tip-toes to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water. I chugged it down fast and returned to me and Casey's room.

I spent the next half an hour shoving Casey and I's clothes into a large duffel bag. Shirts, Socks, Underwear, Whatever was necessary. Then I casually slipped into our father's room and stole 50$ for a Hotel room for tonight. I was on my way to grabbing the duffel when I heard the quietest Click and a door being squeaked open.

Dad! My thoughts were blurred with panic as I shoved the bag under my bed and jumped in the closet. There were heavy footsteps coming down the hall. My breath seemed loud in the endless silence. Dad stepped into our room with a look of distaste. His muted footfalls padded across the carpet and my eyes watered.

I had never been so frightened. If I was found, he would surely kill me. Without remorse. A few tears slipped down my cheeks when he walked close to the closet. He bent over our bed then stood up straight. He looked around and stepped to our desk. "Stupid bitch." He muttered and threw everything off the desk.

All the objects fell to the floor with a loud clatter. Just then, my breath came out a little too loud and my dad was a little too close. He tilted his head to the side, scanning the room. He reached over and laid a hand on the knob to the closet. By now, my tears we falling fast and fierce. The room held it's silence, standing on it's tip-toes trying not to disturb the peace.

After a minute Father let go off the handle and smacked his head mumbling something about getting a drink. The door clicked shut and I fell to the closet's cold floor, trying to pull myself together. I sat in that closet for about 2 hours, until I was positive he was not around. I creaked open the door and shifted about the room being surprisingly quiet.

Outside the sun was gone, darkness throwing shadows across the streets. I yanked a jacket over my head and jumped from the window, landing on the soft grass with a muted thud. I started out with a slow jog but, slowly picked up speed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~xxx~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About two hours later I was standing just outside Casey's window, praying she didn't lock it. After sucking in a deep breath I slid open the window and heaved myself over the ledge. I landed on the floor of the bedroom with an 'oomf'. The moon was high in the sky and cast darkness on Casey's sleeping form. I shut the window slowly and dropped the duffel bag on the floor.

''Casey?" I whispered, shaking the body. I pulled the covers back and gasped as two arms pulled me close and made barriers. The person stood up and pulled me to the center of the room. I let out a high-pitched wail. There was feet thumping around above me, doors creaked open, and lights flickered on.