Chapter 27

• Dedicated to Every fan who's supported me throughout this time<3

Hey guys(: I can't believe how long it's been . Y'know how I said I had family promblems? Well , still do , but today I happened back across my stories and re-read the comments and started to cry . I know , I know , stupid . But, I didn't realize how much I missed this and how much this became a part of me . So, now, no matter my problems, I'm going to continuing doing what I do, because you guys have my back. I love you all so much, thank you for the support. :D <3 Made with EXTRA love.

Vote, Comment, Fan, Smile, Believe, Love<3

________________________________________________________________________________

  After getting dressed, I stepped out of the room and into the empty hallway. I grabbed a spare hair tie from my wrist and tied the back out my shirt up, tucking it under. I perked my ears up for any sign of noise inside the house. After a moment, I realized how early it was and laughed at myself.

I slunk down the hallway that lead to Cain's room. I knocked once, waited for a reply, and when I got none, I walked in.

There he was.

  Cain was stretched across his bed, breathing deeply, fast asleep. I sighed once, but smiled fondly at him. Trust Cain to only wake up, hug me, kiss me, then pass back out. A small giggle burst from my lips as I crept closer to the sleeping man.

 I crouched down by his bedside and brushed my fingers across his cheek. 

 "What are you doing to me, idiot?" I asked aloud. He mumbled in his sleep.

  "Being so adorable like this, reminds me of a puppy." I giggled again. I leaned down and dropped a kiss on his forehead, only to receive a shock as he chest rumbled.

 Huh?

 "Got ya." He said, smugly.

 I went to pull away when two strong arms wound around my waist. A blush heated my cheeks as I squirmed in the surprise at the sudden embrace. Cain, figuring I was just uncomfortable, shifted our positions so my head was on his chest and his arms around me, curled snugly into his side.

 I squirmed a bit more, embarrassment reigning over me, until I knew he wasn't gonna let me go. I listened to the secure sound of his heartbeat thrumming in my ears. He kissed the top of my head and a new blush bloomed on my cheeks. 

 "I really love you." He sighed out, making my heart stutter.

A smile took hold of my face. 

"I love you too, Cain."

I heard a pause in his heartbeat, then it raced faster. I stifled a giggle and decided teasing him was the best way to go.

 "Hey, what was that?" I asked innocently. He looked at me questioningly, until I placed a finger on his chest, over his heart.

 Cain flushed slightly, looking cuter than ever.

 "I don't know what you're talking about." He looked away, completely ignoring me. Oh, so that's how it's gonna be, huh? Fine.

 An evil smile took hold of my lips. I placed my hand over his heart and leaned up, so I could look him right in the eye. He turned his head back, startled by my sudden closeness.

 "I need you." 

 With that simple statement, his heart jumped and thudded out of order. I kept looking into his eyes with a slight smirk on my face. His face heated again. I looked down at my hand and felt as his heart slowed down. 

 I looked up at him slowly beneath my lashes and pursed my lips slightly. He looked down at me and his heart skipped a beat again. I couldn't help it anymore. With a giant heave, I lifted myself off his chest and rolled onto my side, shoulders shaking. Cain tapped my shoulder in concern.

 "Kat..?" 

 At the sound of his voice, I lost it. I began laughing uncontrollably. It began with small giggles and developed into loud, wild, laughter. I clutched my sides in hilarity as tears peaked in the corners of my eyes.

 I couldn't believe it! That kind of reaction was so funny, because I thought I was alone in it. I thought only I felt like that. A couple minutes and a few deep breathes later, I crawled over to the side of the bed that Cain was sitting on, feet hanging over the edge. 

 I peeked over his shoulder, seeing him pouting. I giggled a bit right next to his ear, causing him to shiver. His pout only faltered for a second.

 "Come on," I breathed. "I was just surprised that you react like that."

  A wondering look overcame his features before it was replaced with a devilishly handsome smirk.

I watched him curiously, too intent on his face to notice his hands.  They gripped my waist and flipped me over, so I was in his previous position.

 "Let's see just how funny it is." He said, threateningly. Damn, I cursed to myself. I just had to tease him about my biggest downfall, didn't I?

 Cain placed a careful hand over my heart, just his touch making my heart jump. He smirked a bit and lifted his dark head. He arched an eyebrow, smirk still in place. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, willing my heart not to respond.

 I re-opened them and caught my breath when I realized how close he was. His green eyes seemed to swallow me whole. There were dancing colors in them, all different shades of emerald. Along with his emotions. Seriousness was most prominent, but I could see the playfulness hidden behind that.

 "I'm in love with you." He said with conviction, a small smile on his face.

 My heart lurched in my chest almost painfully. It skipped a few beats, then picked up faster than ever. His small smile blew up as he felt my heart's reaction beneath his palm.

 I glowered at him and jutted my bottom lip out, face bright red. Cain chuckled and looked back up at me, seeing my pouted face. He reached his free hand up and brushed my hair back from my face.

 My heart thudded against my ribcage and Cain chuckled again. I tried to pout, but seeing his laughing face, I gave up. With a smile I looked back up at him. He stopped his laughing and just stared down at me admiringly.

 I arched my back up and he leaned down, pressing his lips to my own. I sighed in happiness at their familiar warmth. I felt him smile in satisfaction as my heart sped up, barely any space in between each feverish beat.

 I snaked my hands into his hair, gently pulling the silky strands. He sighed into my parted lips. I continued to kiss him, but moved my hand to his chest. His heart was racing, maybe even faster than mine. I smiled into the kiss like he had moments before. With one final moment, I pulled away, greedily drinking in air. He did the same.

 "Hah." I breathed.

Cain smiled down at me and I, back up at him. We savored our last minute as a normal commotion began upstairs. Soon, we would have to move. He settled me down in his arms and he dropped back down beside me. 

Soon, but not yet.