Chapter 2

Chapter two my lovely Fans <33 Comment, Vote, Fan(:  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

"Once again, can I help you?" I demanded, as he sat down. "Well, Wanna take that hood off?" He asked hopefully. Risa snorted. "As if." Cain turned his attention to her, then back to me. "You going to introduce me?" He questioned. "Risa- Cain Cain- Risa." Risa spoke to him, "Wow, I haven't her her talk this much to anybody besides me." They began talking about me and I zoned out. What do I look like to Cain? All he can see is my long dark hair and slim body. Yet, he chose me over the popular's? I don't understand. "Right Kat?" Risa asked. "What?" I replied, confused. "Oh never you mind." She retorted, a smile on her face. The rest of the day went by at a normal pace. Unfortunately, I have Cain 1st, 2nd, 5th, and 7th. Each class he asked me to reveal my face, which I said no to. Every time. Now the final bell rang and I flitted from the classroom, eager to leave him behind.  

I stepped into the courtyard and breathed in some fresh air. Ahhh, Nice. Then I began my trek to Casey's school, I arrived in less than 5 minutes. I saw her brunette burls bouncing as she walked, a boy was with her. He looked like a younger version of Cain. The same dark hair and green eyes. I could barely see Casey's face but, she looked annoyed. He seemed to be trying to pull down her hood. I chuckled, Small world. She said a few words to him and turned towards me again picking up her pace.  

"Who was that?" I asked, tone light. Her cheeks flushed, "No one." She mumbled. "Well, I want to know because today I met a dude who looks just like him and was trying to pull my hood down all day." Her blue eyes widened. "No way. That's Jake Masters. He's infuriating." My turn to be surprised. "Yep, I met his brother today. Cain Masters." She giggled a little, I smiled at the sound. "Small world." She mused. We walked the rest of the way home in silence. As Clicked open the door to our small two bedroom house. I shrugged off my backpack and began my homework.  

I was finished quickly as was Casey. Then it was chore time. I took over the laundry and dishes while Casey vacuumed and started dinner. The house was spotless by six and we sat down to eat. "How was your day?" I inquired. "Just like any other, just more annoying." She grunted. "Tell me about it." I agreed. We finished and cleaned our dishes. Not soon after, we heard a car pull in out front. "Dad's home." Casey said, frightened as always. I herded her into our room as our father threw the front door open. It was quiet for an hour or so, only a few things shuffling from the living room. Then it began.  

"KATERINA, CASEY!" Our drunk father screamed. I pushed Casey behind me and we walked into the living room. He was standing near the table. "Casey, Come here." No. Her bruises were almost healed. She wouldn't have to be a freak tomorrow! She could be normal! No hoodie or anything. Casey started to step around me. "No." My voice was loud in the endless silence. "What do you mean NO?" Father screamed in my face. I turned my head slightly to the side. "Casey go to your room." She skipped backwards and a moment later I heard our door shut. "For both of us." I whispered. "WHAT?" He screeched. I stood at my full height, looking him in the eye. "I'll take it for both of us." He eyed me back angrily, "Fine then."  

He said as he stretched his hand back. He let it fly across my cheek, it stung but, I held my ground. He shoved me backwards and I fell to the ground. "YOUR THE REASON SHE LEFT!!" He yelled as he slapped me again. He gripped my forearms and shook me. "YOU AND YOUR SISTER ARE WORTHLESS!" He shouted. I flinched slightly as his hand flew across my face, giving me a bloody lip. "Your a DISGRACE!" He shouted again. He let me go and I crumpled to the ground. He kicked me in the leg for good measure and left. The front door slammed shut and a car engine revved. I listened as it faded into the distance. I stood up and wiped my lip with the back of my hand. Casey was safe. That's all that mattered.