Chapter 8

Here you are ;D Thanks you guys for supporting me! I love you comments, I usually always laugh when I read 'em. So thank you!  

Comment, Vote, Fan, Smile<33  

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________  

There was a scuffle of things around me, I felt bed dip where someone sat down. A door creaked open. "Hey Cain. Thanks again for letting us stay. I'll owe you the rest of my life." Casey? Someone took my hand and the voice near the door, Casey's, spoke again. "You really care for her don't you?"  

"I guess I have a soft spot for her." Cain's voice rang clear. "Do you love her?" Casey asked. If I was more awake I would tell her to not be nosy but, I wanted to know too. "Maybe." There was a smile in his voice. The door creaked shut and I heard footsteps walking away. "Just maybe." Cain whispered and kissed my hand.  

My brain kicked up and began to wake up. My eyelids fluttered and I opened them fully. Cain was sitting next to me on a queen sized bed with a white comforter. He was fiddling with my fingers like he had before. I studied him or a minute before speaking.  

"Hey handsome." I greeted, voice scratchy. He looked up in awe and I cleared my throat. "Your awake!" I nodded with a 'duh' look on my face. He leaned forward and hugged me, pulling my body close. I lifted an arm and patted his back. "There, There.'' I mock-soothed. He pulled away. "Nice to see your sarcasm is still intact." I gave him a bright smile.  

"Soo you maybe love me?" I asked, eyebrow raised. His green eyes widened and his cheeks burned red. "Well, uhh.. I thought you were really hurt and errr.." He trailed off. I cupped his cheek with my hand. "Thank you, for caring." He lent into my hand and smiled. "Anytime."  

I ripped the covers off and stood up slowly. I wobbled then steadied myself. I looked down, Were my clothes different? I was wearing a pair of jean shorts and a big shirt. I swallowed and looked to Cain. "D-Did you change me?" I quaked. His cheeks got even redder. "NO!" I laughed slightly. "Then who did?" His cheeks were still bright pink. "Your sister, these were my mom's short's and My t-shirt."  

That explained why it was so huge. I step forward to the vanity mirror, checking my injuries. My right cheek was a bit swollen and red while the other was tinged blue. There was a larger hand bruise around my collar bone, my dark hair was yanked up in some places. There was still a dull throbbing in my leg, which I ignored.  

Dry blood was on my lip and smeared across my cheek a bit. I saw Cain's reflection in the mirror, eying me with sadness. I yearned to go to him and tell him to not be upset. That I would be fine. But, that might be pushing it. I started to walk towards the door when a jolt of pain shot up my leg.  

I gasped and fell to the floor. "Kat!" Cain yelped as he bent over, helping me up. "Can I take a shower?" I asked, breathless. "Of course." He responded with a slight smile. "Oh, by the way. What did you tell your mom?" He looked confused before speaking. "She's not home yet. It's only 3." Well, that made sense. "Umm, Where's the shower?" He gave a short laugh and helped me to the door.  

The was a long hallway with pristine white walls. Pictures of family and friends splashed the wall with color. I leaned against tit for support, looking at the photos. I heard noise coming from above and I turned my head to gaze at the ceiling. Cain, noticing this, said "Casey and Jake are up there."  

I smiled and shook my head. We were coming closer to a door that was on the right side of the hallway. I put a bit more weight on my leg and ground my teeth against the pain. Without the support of the wall I could limp on my own, no help. Cain was still watching me as I opened the light blue door.