Ch 8

Ch 8. The Right Decision-Megan

Tonight Toby and I stay up late filling out forms for the court date to fight to adopt Mavis.We are filling out the forms to adopt Mavis into our family. Earlier today we had a social worker come evaluate our home which went well thank you Jesus. God has been putting this on our hearts. It's what he has been trying to show us. Toby and I have been praying to God for weeks now asking for his guidance in this decision.

"It's a huge decision,but I want Mavis to be part of our family,"I tell Toby.

"Yes it's a big decision.I'm glad Mavis has been staying with us and the kids.The kids love having her.They have been so helpful,"He says to me as he traces my hands and goes to kiss me.I move in to kiss him also.

"I agree Honey.they have been really helpful around the house.I'm glad I have been able to take care of Mavis even though she isn't our daughter biologically she has become a big part of our family.I love her as much as we love our own kids,"I tell him.

We stay up half the night talking and filling out paperwork.Eventually we stop around one am and get ready for bed and go to sleep.Before I fall asleep I pray to God thanking him for my loving husband who is so supportive and a great dad to our kids I feel so blessed to have.I also thank him for watching over Mavis. She has become like a second daughter to me.I feel so grateful to be able to take care of her and give her all the love and support she needs through this tough time in her life.I know with all my heart that adopting Mavis is what God wants us to do,even though we aren't her parents biologically.It breaks my heart for her that her parents died even though they are with Jesus now watching over her. Mavis needs us and she deserves to have a family to love and take care of her.A family who is there for her.

I fall asleep quickly after praying to God.I feel at peace knowing Mavis is going to be adopted into our family.Later in the middle of the night I wake up to someone screaming.I jump out of bed quickly knowing it's Mavis having a nightmare.It's my mother's instinct to go comfort her.With having two kids I'm use to it doing it.I walk quickly into Mavis's room.I see her screaming in her sleep as she moans out words of "Please.Stop.No Help me someone.Mom,dad." I quickly close her bedroom door,so my kids don't wake up.

"Mavis wake up.It's okay Mavis. Wake up sweetheart,"I say to her shaking her awake.Instantly she opens her eyes as terror is all over her face.

"Sweetheart it's okay.Aunt Megan is here.You had a nightmare.Your safe and sound with me." I sit beside her on the bed and lay her head in my lamp.Tears run down her face as she quickly shutters out a sob.

"Shh shh it's okay.I won't let anyone hurt you ever again.Aunt Megan is here,"I tell her soothingly as I wipe the tears away with the imprint of my thumb.

"Was it about the accident or when he hurt you? I ask her as I stroke her hair.

She nods her head slightly.

"Oh sweetheart it's okay.It was a nightmare.It was the enemy trying to get you to remember it.It's normal to have nightmares like these after going through something traumatic.I'll stay here all night with you,"I tell her as I plant a kiss on her forehead

She continues to sob,but I tell her it's okay and over and over. "It's okay Hun.You are safe and sound with me.I know it was scary.I love you so much sweetheart,"I whisper to her.

"I love you too",She says to me as she tries to calm down.

I pull her close to me and pull the blankets over us. "I promise I won't let anyone hurt you ever again.God is watching over you with your parents,"I whisper to her reassuringly hoping she will understand that no one is ever going to hurt her like that ever again.