Ch 6

Ch 6 Nightmares and flashbacks-Mavis

It's already a new week. The last week of July. I had another physical therapy appointment today. Danielle is patient with me even though I am in a lot of pain most of the time and don't want to do anything.

After my appointment we have to pick up Tara from one of her friends houses. They hung out this morning and Aunt Megan dropped her off on the way to my appointment. Kyle is at daycare right now.

"Hi mom,"Tara says as she opens the back door shutting the door climbing into the back seats putting on her seat belt.

"Hi sweetheart. Did you have fun with Ruby?"She asks her as she starts to drive again.

"Yes mom. We had lots of fun. "Tara says excitedly.

"Well I'm glad you had fun",Aunt Megan replied.

"How are you doing Mavis?"Tara asks me.

"Tired,"I say to her.

"That's okay. I'm a little tired too now",Tara replied.

"You girls can take a nap after lunch",Aunt Megan tells us both.

That's what I am most definitely looking forward to.Physical therapy leaves me feeling exhausted.

"Would you girls like to go out for lunch?"Aunt Megan asks us both.

"Yes please. Can we go to McDonald's?" Tara asks her.

"Yes if that's what Mavis wants",Aunt Megan replies.

"Yes McDonald's sounds good."

"Okay girls I guess that's where we're going then",Aunt Megan says as we stop at a red light.

I smile a little. "It's been so long since I've been to McDonald's."

Aunt Megan orders a grilled chicken salad with diet coke to drink. She orders us both the kids happy meal four piece chicken nuggets,ranch dressing,with fries,apple slices and sprite. It's what I always order even though I am not a kid anymore. I'm just a small eater.

Aunt Megan texts Toby to fix Kyle his lunch since he got work off early today and to pick him up from daycare. For a happy meal toy Tara and I both get a cute mini beanie baby bunny stuffed animal. I love collecting beanie babies.

I smile and then suddenly realize a lot of my stuff is still unpacked in boxes from my old house in my new closet. I feel sad all of sudden.Aunt Megan notices and tries changing the subject to cheer me up about a new movie that came out.

Back at home I go lay down for a while. Exhaustion is finally catching up to me. Tara decides to watch a movie. Toby and Kyle were playing baseball in the backyard just as we had arrived home.

I try not to think about the stuff that I haven't unpacked yet from my old house that got sold after the funeral. A family with kids bought after giving my family time to go through things and packing my parents stuff. I usually cry every day in the late afternoons after my nap. Aunt Megan always comes to comfort me. She usually reads me a verse from her Bible to help calm me and remind me of God's love. I'm slowly starting to feel God's presence again.

Right now Aunt Megan comes to check on me and ask how I am doing. I've been thinking a lot about my parents this afternoon as memories come rushing back to me. I start to shake my head and and let the tears come forth.