Ch 2

Ch 2 Awakening- Mavis

The girl opens her eyes,eyes fluttering. She blinks several times. Everything is a coalesced blur. She can hardly see anything. The lights are off,her body so numb she can't sit up. A body is present in the room with her,"mom what's going on," she tries to say as she takes in her surroundings. She hears her aunt's voice as everything comes in focus

"Oh my gosh sweetheart you're awake. It's okay, Aunt Megan is here",she hears her aunt say to her, planting a kiss on her forehead. "Mavis can you hear me.You're in the hospital. It's Aunt Megan.I'm here with you.Squeeze my hand if you can hear me."

Everything comes rushing back to her in bits and pieces as she vaguely remembers a guy pushing her against a wall. Everything went dark after that. Aunt Megan what's going on?" I manage to croak out.

" I'm so relieved to hear your voice. It's okay. You're in the hospital. It's a miracle you survived. I know everything right now seems scary,but you will be okay. You hit your head pretty hard which is causing you to lose your vision. That's why everything may seem blurry to you. I'm just so glad you are okay,"she hears Aunt Megan's strained voice.

Tears stream down the girl's face at hearing the news she is losing her sight. She feels sadness that she might lose her sight especially knowing she wouldn't be able to see her aunt.The girl tries to move her right hand but it won't budge "Ow It hurts so much,"She says grimacing in pain.

"Oh honey the doctors had to repair a break in your shoulder and shattered wrist,so that's why it's in a sling and cast",Auntie tells me reaching out to hold her left hand in hers.

"Aunt Megan loves you very much.I'll be there for you every step of the way,"She whispers to me as I squeezes her hand tighter and try to sit up.

"Just relax and lay down and rest.You will be in a lot of pain. You are paralyzed in your right side. You will be able to walk,but will need physical therapy. Your family is also here for you.Your Grandma Lucy,Aunt Sarah and Aunt Michelle have been taking turns visiting you. Tanishia, and Aunt Meagan will come by as soon as they can.

I'm here though now,"I hear her tell me as I glance around the room.

"Where's my parents? Are they okay. Please tell me they are okay,"I ask her beginning to panic of the thought of losing them.

"Sweetheart you are in St. Lukes hospital.You were in a car wreck and kidnapped a few days ago.I'm so glad the police were able to find you. God was watching over you. You are safe now.The guy that hurt you is now in prison forever. He won't ever hurt you ever again,"She tries to tell me slowly as possible without upsetting me. She chokes up telling me, " I'm sorry to tell you that they died in the car accident. They didn't make it. They are with Jesus now in heaven. I'm so sorry sweetie," She says as tears fall down her own face. Tears quickly roll down my face as she continues to wipe them away and stroke my hair.

"No no. It's not fair. I can't believe they are gone,"I manage to say say as I begins to sob uncontrollably.

"Shh Shh Aunt Megan is here. Shh Shh. I'm so glad that you are alive. It's going to be okay my little neice," Auntie whisper to me as she wrap her arms around me holding me close against her. "Little neice" is my nickname she gave me a few years ago when she first became a aunt to me.

"I want to live with you. I want you to take care of me since you're my godmother and your the only one besides my mom that I have an inseparable bond with even though I love all my family members," I say to her all of sudden pulling back for a minute.