Chapter 33.

Lucas tossed her ring to her and she swiftly caught it. Azura had no idea he'd kept it with him after she'd taken it off and she carefully examined it. It no longer hurt her as she held onto it but as soon as she tried to put it on her finger, the burning sensation hit her straight away. Grumbling about the pain, she carefully picked it up again and examined the inside of it. For some reason, she had never bothered to check the golden ring this close before in all those years.

He was right... Killian had been right. There was a date in the ring and it was set twenty-eight years back. A little over a year before she was born. Azura stared at the numbers and shook her head. In theory, Killian could be right. She closed her fist around the trinket and brought it to her lips, she could feel the tears burn behind her eyes as she tried to swallow them away. A hand on her shoulder almost made her jump up in shock. Lucas was standing next to her and handed her a small red velvet box.

"What's this?" She looked up at him bewildered.

"Something from my mother, I thought you could use it. You can combine it with the ring so you can keep it with you even though you're not able to wear it."

Azura looked back at the box again and slowly opened it. Inside was a simple but timeless gold necklace. She took it out and admired it hanging down before opening it and putting it through the ring. Lucas took the necklace from her and fastened it around her neck.

"It's perfect." Her hand caressed the necklace. "Thank you!" Azura got up and threw her arms around him and kissed him on the lips. As the doorbell rang he reluctantly let go and placed his forehead against hers.

"No problem. Now, are you ready for a shitload of commentary?" She chuckled and he let her go open the door.

She touched the ring one more time before slowly getting up and following Lucas to the living room. Rose had just taken her coat off and sprinted towards her enveloping her in a tight hug. Steffen stepped in and after greeting Lucas he came over to Azura and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. He then turned back to Lucas with a sly grin on his face and pointing his finger at his friend.

"To you, my friend, I say... It's about fucking time!" Steffen then turned to Azura and kept his finger pointing at her as well. "And to you, my darling... I told you I was going to say this, so here it comes. I. Told. You. So!" He stopped with every word, his grin grew bigger with every word and behind him, Rose was trying her best not to burst out laughing.

"You done?" Azura crossed her arms and tried her best to suppress a laugh herself. "Oh, and Steffen, one more thing. We tried you know..." Azura pointed between herself and Lucas. "But it just didn't work out." She even managed to keep a straight face and saw Lucas walking away to the kitchen after he winked at her.

"Wait, what?" Steffen just glared at Lucas as he walked off. "Are you serious? Did he do something stupid again? I need to knock some sense into that guy. Excuse me!" Steffen looked genuinely confused and hurried along after Lucas. Azura smiled at Rose and gestured to the couch. Rose gave her a high five as she walked past and sat down.

"So... A real update this time?" Rose rubbed her hands together. Azura just raised three fingers. "You came only three times?"

Azura facepalmed as a chuckle escaped her lips. "No! Way bet-"

"Ohhh!" Rose interrupted with wide eyes. "No way. What the hell, Azu!"

"Hey, we had some good talks in between alright. And we managed to get home... So yeah, it's official - I'm dating your ex."

"Oookay... Now you make it sound so wrong. I definitely need a drink!" Rose glanced towards the kitchen. "Maybe later..." She mumbled before turning back to Azura with a wide grin on her face. "So? How was he? Any good? You know I taught him some tricks and-"