Three

Auburn's P.O.V

I walked mindlessly down the side walk, heading to the hell hole. Why aren't I with Lindsey? You may ask. Well I didn't want to get a beating before school due to her accusations of 'attempted murder', so I decided to walk instead of going in a car with her. She'd probably blare her embarrassing pop shit anyway.

I noticed a Honda Civic speed past me and I rolled my eyes. Where the hell did they get their licence? At Walmart or some shit?

****

Ten minutes later I arrived at school and decide to head to the shared bathroom. They were currently refurbishing the boy's toilets so we had to share. Most girls didn't mind this since it would be easier to give the football team blow jobs. Sluts.

I glared at the mirror, gripping the sides of the sink. The slap mark wasn't that visible. It just looks like I've been blushing. Ugh whatever. I need a cigarette. I noticed someone walk through the toilet door but payed no attention to them. I probably hated them anyway. Wait. I hate just about everyone.

I heard struggling and glanced to my side to see a rather cute boy. I noticed he was trying to pop open what looked like a pill bottle. Suddenly an almost saintly idea flew across my twisted mind, causing a wild grin to spread throughout my face.

"Hey sad case, ditch the drugs, they don't help for shit" I said while smirking.

He looked at me then back to his palm which held some pills. He looked deep in thought.

"Uhh hello to you too?" He replied awkwardly. His hands shook and he looked like he would drop the pills any second. I laughed at his nervousness and stomped over to him, holding my hand out. He reluctantly handed me the bottle and watched as I emptied the contents into the sink, watching as it all went down the drain.

I threw the little bottle into the sink and looked back at the boy. Stupid pills, confusing people and shit.

"My name is Auburn, who are you? I've never seen you around" I grinned in pride and fiddled with my lip ring. A habit I've grown to.

"I'm Robin, my brothers called Ace and we just transferred here. We moved from Atlanta a while ago when-" He stopped and was deep in thought. His breathing pace started to increase and he suddenly just fell to the ground. His eyes remained wide open, but he was chocked for words. Shit! What did I say? Is my breath that bad? I called out desperately to him but he didn't seem to hear. He then passed out on the dirty tiled floor.

I looked around and noticed the pill bottle then looked back down at Robin. Fuck. If someone came in, and saw the empty Prozac bottle and an unknown boy on the floor they'd probably think that I tried to drug him, for some reason. I don't need to get into trouble again!

I grabbed my bag and stepped carefully over Robin's body. Guilt burned my chest, it was trying to get my knees weak but I thought the feeling off and walked out of the shared toilets, like nothing had happened. I noticed a boy walking towards the toilets Robin had passed out in. So I quickly changed my route and started walking the other way; out of the building.

I fumbled with the cigarette pack and pulled out my skull covered lighter. I put the cigarette in my mouth and breathed in then exhaled. My lungs ached for more, to feel alive once again, so I satisfied the need. Damn that felt good.

I know smoking is bad for but it's an addiction that I'm not willing to give up, everyone dies eventually.

With one last inhale I closed my eyes, it felt like my heavy soul just started lifting up and eventually flew away. I started to imagine being with my dad, his gentle hug and the warmth that it brought. How his hearty laugh bounced off the walls, which made me laugh too...Once I forced myself to open my eyes reality hit me in the face like a brick. I was still here, in hell.

After I was done I dropped the cigarette and smothered it with the bottom of my foot. The bell rang signalling I was late. Hmm.

I walked towards the first aid room and mentally sighed in relief seeing Robin was here. At least I have an excuse.

"Mum! Dad!" He yelled but then frowned, noticing he was in the first aid room. He looked like something was troubling him.

"Oh you're awake" Nurse Laynards stated. Robin looked up at the male nurse then groaned causing Nurse Laynards to roll his eyes. "Some guy found you passed out on the toilet floor and brought you here. Your mom is with your brother in the principals office, you might want to join them if you're feeling better". He looked shocked but then said in anguish "Okay first of all she is not my mom! She's my Aunt Josephine and second of all, can I just go home or something?"

Nurse Lanyards seemed taken aback by Robin's outburst but noticed me, then said "listen little brat, this is your first day here so you probably don't know how things go. I'll take you to your first lesson or you're going to meet your Aunt and brother in the principals office."

"Yes sir" he squeaked causing me to snort and lean against the wall with my arms crossed. I ran a hand through my hair and scrunched my nose, disgusted, knowing what I had to do.

"Nurse Lanyards, allow me to take him to his next lesson. He's got English language with me next."

He smiled and said "Yes of course Auburn, off you go" He winked at me, flirtatiously.

As Robin followed me I muttered

"I'll make sure to kill him first."

A/N *Picture is Auburn*