Chapter Three

"Have a great day at school, sweetie. I love you." 

You place a gentle kiss upon Jocelyn's head before she jogged up the school bus steps to go be with her friends. You watched as the school bus pulled off and your daughter waved goodbye from the window. You smiled and headed back towards inside. 

Ashton was drinking his coffee at the dinning room table, reading the morning paper. You chuckled a little on the inside at how he acted older than he actually was from time-to-time. You did not mind it, though. 

You walked over to him to wrap your arms around his neck, loosely, so your hands can dangle by his stomach. He turned his head to meet your lips with his.

"I love you." He whispered with a smile as he slowly pulled away.

"I love you, too. I wish you did not have to go to work." You pouted.

Ashton chuckled.

"Someone has to pay for your expensive wedding." He joked.

You giggled.

"What can I say? I like lavish."

"Trust me, I know. Well, I have to get going. I'll see you later."

You unwrapped yourself from him so he could stand up. He kissed you one last time before grabbing his car keys and walking out the house. Lucky for you, Ashton made decent money. He has his own company and he is a lawyer. Ashton was not fond of the fact you had a past with one of his many headaches, but he set it aside. Ashton loved you and Jocelyn too much to judge you for your past mistakes.

You decided to keep planning your wedding. An hour past and a hard knock banged at your door. Being startled, you instantly grabbed your gun from the counter and went to answer the door. 

Before you could even open the door all the way, Justin came flying in.

"Justin?! What are you doing here?!" You exclaimed.

You were honestly not that shock to see him. Justin appeared every once in a blue moon. He was not his usual loving self like you used to remember. If anything, he mostly acted like an asshole. He usually came with a warning or bad news so you stopped being excited to see his presence. Part of you was happy he still cared, but deep down you knew it was mostly for Jocelyn's sake more than yours anymore.

"You are getting married?" Justin barked, showing you the invitation you sent.

"Are you coming to it?"

Justin glared at you.

"Did you really just ask me that question?"

You ignored his question.

"What are you doing here, Justin?"

"I forbid you to marry Ashton."

You chuckled scornfully.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were my father now."

"I may not be yours, but I am Jocelyn's."

"You're not even around, Justin! Ashton is more of a father than you are!" You argued.

Justin's jaw clenched and his eyes darkened. You still held your ground, though. Justin could never physically hurt you in that manner even though you push him to that limit at times.

Justin took a deep breath, attempting to calm himself down. 

"Look, I know you have made a new life for yourself. That is what I wanted for you and Jocelyn, but marrying Ashton will cause nothing but uproar. He is a lawyer. He has helped sent many gang members to prison. If the word gets out, it will not be pretty."

You let Justin's words sink in. You secretly hoped he would come here to beg for you back, but you knew it would probably never happen. You also know Jocelyn knows who Justin is. The few times she has caught their secret meeting, she always referred to Justin as "daddy." She always listened to Justin better than Ashton. You wanted her to bond with Ashton more, but she was Justin's girl and there was nothing you could do to stop their bond.

"I cannot just live my life in fear for forever, Justin. If I call off the wedding, it will break Ashton's heart."

"Why are you being so selfish?"

You gasped.

"How am I being selfish? You are the one that let me go, remember?"

"I'm still around, protecting you and Jocelyn. I honestly don't care that you moved on, but you are putting Jocelyn's life at risk. That is not fair to her."

Justin's words hurt you a little, but you let it go. You hated that he had a point, but what were you suppose to do? Constantly live in fear? You started over and that is what you planned to keep doing with your life.

"Just think about all the consequences of your actions before you do this, Y/N."

Justin stormed out of the house, shutting the door behind him to leave you alone with your thoughts.