Chapter Seven

Time felt like it has been frozen. You have a hard time registering the words that just slipped from Jocelyn's little mouth.

Why would Justin be here now? You have not heard from him in months. You always checked the news to see if he has passed away or been in prison, but there was not a single update in the media. Part of you hoped he moved on while part of you is slightly glad there might be a chance he is here.

You slowly picked up your head to face the crowd. There stood Justin, in a suit, fresh hair cut, looking very clean and nice dressed. He prepared for this day.

Justin stood at the end of the aisle. Ashton seemed unsteady of Justin's presence. The crowd soon caught on to you and Ashton's discomfort and turned to see the man. They gasped to see the notorious Ghost. They had no clue of the history you both shared. They would never understand.

You slowly stepped down, walking slowly to him.

"Justin, what on God's green earth are you doing here?" You exclaimed, a bit frustrated.

Justin pulled out a gun from his suit jacket and pointed it towards Ashton, cocking the pistol.

"I am coming to take what is mine."

Before you could even speak, a bullet flies through the air and hits Ashton in the chest, knocking him backwards. Horrified screams fill the air as Justin calmly puts the gun in his pocket. He quickly rushes to you and grabs your hand.

"I told you I will always fight for you. I will always fight for what is mine," he kisses your forehead. "You're coming with me."

You felt so confused and afraid. This is not what you wanted to happened. No matter how much you missed Justin this is not the life you want to live. You wanted a good life for not only you, but for Jocelyn.

"Justin, I can't."

Justin looked at you with disbelief.

"I was not giving you an option, Y/N. Ashton cannot protect and love you like I can. You do not know about the storm coming ahead. Trust me."

Justin's soft caramel eyes turned serious and dark. You knew better than to argue. You could mourn your husband in the car. You know you needed to leave. You hurried to grab Jocelyn and ran as fast as you could behind Justin. The sound of sirens filled the air.

"Fuck!" Justin cursed out loud as he opened the car door for you and Jocelyn.

"Justin-" You hissed because he cursed in front of your crying daughter.

Justin glared at you.

"Babe, she's going to hear me curse. It's the least of our problems at the moment."

You choose not to argue as you climbed into the back of the car. Your tried to console your hysterical daughter as Justin rushed away from the crime scene.

"Where are we going Justin?" You worked up the nerve to ask.

Justin gazed at you through the rear view mirror, still looking out for the police.

"I am not sure yet, but I'll figure it out."

You let out a stressful sigh.

"You mean you did not think this through?" You huff.

Justin put a cigarette between his lips, rowing the window down a bit to let the smoke out. After a long draw of smoke his body depended on, he exhaled a cloud of smoke.

"Look, I don't have time to hear your nonsense. I think the words your actually looking for is 'thank you.'"

You shot a glare at Justin.

"Thank you for what? Ruining my life once again?"

"Oh, here we go again. Can we get along for two minutes please? You're really starting to make me regret coming back for you."

You grew silent. You knew you and Justin fighting would not calm down your daughter nor was it good for her to witness. Plus, you really did not want to fight with Justin. He just makes irrational decisions and expects to never suffer the consequences.

You eventually calmed down Jocelyn. She wore herself out to the point that she fell asleep. There was an awkward silence in the car. You honestly did not care to break it, though. Your emotions about Ashton were all jumbled in your head and Justin will never take the time to understand. He does not know how to.

You did not notice, but Justin would take quick gazes at you as he heard you softly sniffle. His heart hurt at the sound and his eyes turned a soft caramel. He did not disturb you, though. He let you mourn the loss of a wonderful day and a wonderful man to you. Justin knows he can never be the man you desperately wanted him to be. Does not mean he doesn't try.

You eventually fell asleep. Justin drove in silence with his thoughts. He was almost out of gas and cigarettes. He knew he would have to eventually stop at a gas station, but he did not want to leave you or Jocelyn unattended.

Justin pulled off of the next exit and park at a gas pump. He hopped out of the car and walked inside the sketchy gas station.

Your beautiful eyes fluttered open. You saw that Justin was not inside the car and nowhere around. Your daughter was still fast sleep in the seat next to you.

Your mind was racing and made a very irrational decision. 

You knew Justin will always take good care of your daughter no matter what. He has proven that before. You slide off your high heels, open the door, and look around. You feel like you're in the middle of nowhere. It's sundown and there's not much light but the gas station.

"I deserve a better life. So does Jocelyn." You say aloud.

You heard the sound of bells from the gas station front door. Justin was lighting up a cigarette before heading to the car.

You took off running as fast as you could. With a big wedding dress on it was not an easy escape by any means, but you still managed to run into the woods, hearing Justin scream your name in the distance.