•×8ו

In Beacon Hills, everyone wears a mask, not just the Darach.

"Every time I try to fight back, it just gets worse. People keep getting hurt. People keep getting killed."

But every so often, the mask slips and our true selves are laid bare for all the world to see.

"--What if it isn't? What if it is just me? What if doing this is actually the best thing that I could do for everyone else? It all started that night, the night I got bitten. You remember the way it was before that? You and me, we were-- we were-- we were nothing. We weren't popular. We weren't good at lacrosse. We weren't important. We were no one. Maybe I should just be no one again. No one at all."

So we scramble to put it back on, like a kid in a cheap Halloween costume, but it's too late. People have already seen what's underneath.

"Scott, just listen to me, okay? You're not no one. Okay? Scott, you're my best friend. Okay? And I need you. Scott, you're my brother. Alright, so... So, if you're gonna do this, then... I think you're just gonna have to take me with you, then. Alright?"

And it's terrifying.

•••

One week after the Motel California absorption of the Scooby Gang being unmasked and everything was the same.

And nothing was the same.

Two days after the hotel incident Derek showed up, physically healed.

They awaited anxiously for the miracle of Sweet Pea showing up. Hopefully, physically fine and well. Even if he ignores them or hates them it would be okay because it would mean he's alive.

Three days...

No Sweet Pea. Everyone on edge.

Four days...

No Sweet Pea. Even Sheriff Stilinski starts to notice the lack of the Serpent. The lack of Stiles Stilinski complaining to his dad about the boy. Even if he said he would be staying at Scott's house for a while until Stiles and Sweet Pea got over their conflicts.

Five days...

Almost two weeks and no sign of the Serpent. The Scooby Gang slowly losing hope, the hope that the boy survived the fight.

Maybe he wasn't as invincible as they thought.

For a moment, they forgot he was human and still vulnerable to death.

"Allison, work with me here! We checked every abandoned building in Beacon Hills." Stiles stopped as Allison shot him a look.

"Okay, you checked out the abandoned buildings." Allison nods approving the corrected statement.

Her and Stiles are the only ones who were still looking for the boy. The others still clinging to the hope he would walk through that door.

Allison already started her own investigation to finding him, and she was surprised to find Stiles at her locker and asking her to help him find Sweet Pea.

"Look Stiles I'm just going to ask, why are you coming to me? Why not Scott." Allison asked the boy who sighs. He knew that despite Sweet Pea and his best efforts to keep him and his friends at bay, he and Allison were the closest.

The knots in his stomach tighten at the thought of them being close. He brushed it off as feeling of how his best friend's ex girlfriend moving on already.

Allison sighs and agreed to help Stiles as long as they keep it from the others. "Great! Now I know where to go first. That scary bar where I'm sure he converted those people to join his cult." Stiles walked away as Allison smirks and shakes her head.

They knew Sweet Pea would've come back by now, unless something was keeping him. They were determine to find Sweet Pea.

•••

"...I might've been on watch last." Issac admits.

"My heroes." Melissa spoke sarcastically as she chased her son and Issac to school.

Unlike Stiles's dad, she knows about the supernatural world and the fact the two boys she is living with are werewolves.

Scott briefly brushes the topic about Sweet Pea and his current status: missing.

Everyday she is at work she makes sure to keep a look out for the boy.

She doesn't know the boys real name, neither did her son or his friends. So every young male from the age 15 to 25 that comes in she meets them personally to see if their the kid Sweet Pea.

No such luck.

She even had Noah coming in and asking how the boy was, to which she has to lie and the absence (whenever he goes to the school to check on him) where she tells him he's sick or helping her with the patients.

She knew she couldn't keep this up forever and Noah is already getting suspicious, so she hopes the kid returns soon, safe and well.

God, if only they had books on what to do when your werewolf son's friend goes missing during the time your town undergoes sacrifices.

"Well I have a migraine. Boyd here has explosive diarrhea." Issac spoke and chuckles lightly at Boyd's excuse for getting out of school.

"Well I'm in trouble." Derek spoke honestly as Boyd explained why they were there.

To protect him.

Sweet Pea had a higher chance of protecting him than these two. At least Sweet Pea knew the weak points to an Alpha.

Derek was at odds, either he kills Boyd or they kill his sister. Luckily for him, Allison Argent came through and shot her arrows. Temporarily blinding them they were able to continue the fight.

Just when he saw Emmett (one of the Alphas) go to attack Sweet Pea, he ducked out of the way. As much as he despised the kid, he didn't want him to die (he prefers to use the excuse that Scott will never forgive him). He get ready to defend the stupid kid but it surprised him when Sweet Pea effortlessly pinned the Alpha down.

After the plan about electricity and water Derek couldn't help but wonder if the Alpha pack took Sweet Pea. He wouldn't be surprised, especially after Deucalion showed a heavy interest in the Serpent.

•••

"Just go back to school. Oh and Scott tell Sweet Pea I need to see him soon, it's about... some important matters. And no, I'm not telling you what it is, Stiles." Noah Stilinski spoke as he walked from the two boys. Stiles scoffs and raised his hands.

Muttering how he wasn't going to ask what the "important" business was. Scott looks at Stiles, not believing him. If anything, Stiles was going to find out one way or another, it was in blood to find answers.

Stiles deflates, "Okay fine. I was, happy." He walks out of the veterinary building. Scott following after, worried about his boss, worried about Sweet Pea and worried about whose next on the sacrifices.

Why couldn't he just have one normal school year? Was so hard to ask for?